Jaelyn

Volume thirteen

"You can't put me on punishment." I shrugged.

"I know you're going through a lot but you just got out of jail."

"You're dragging it, I was in a holding cell for a few hours. Either way, you didn't even have to bail me out so I'm not understanding the problem."

"The problem is I'm your fucking mother and you live here so until you pay your own fucking bills then you will listen to me."

"You want me to live here!" I yelled since she was frustrating me. "I told you I wanted to leave and you told me to stay."

"Jaelyn, you think the world so fucking simple. You think it's so easy because you always had it easy. You think I was keeping you here for my sake?"

"You talking bout I always had it easy, I have never had it easy! What because you gave me money I had it easy? You don't think I had to go through stuff?"

"You didn't have to go through nothing." She waved me off. "You was a teenager with no bills and nothing else to do."

"I'm done talking to you."

This was the problem in black households, parents don't think to consider their kids mental health in anything.

"You can give me your car keys."

"Girl, I bought my car from Reem with my actual money. You are not getting my car keys."

"You know what, you could get out right now. I'm tired of your disrespectful ass."

"That's fine with me."

"And since you wanna be disrespectful anything I bought you leave it."

"You aren't hurting me." I pulled out my phone to call my dad.

"Hello?" He answered. "Why she yelling at you?"

"She's mad because I'm not giving her my car."

"Fuck she want your car for?"

"She tried to put me on punishment because of that jail situation. Now she talking bout I gotta leave cause I'm disrespectful."

"Was you being disrespectful?"

"Probably but I don't care, this lady find every single way to pick on me. Like I get it you want your step daughter to be your daughter, you wished I was never born but-"

"Don't say that Jae."

"I'm just telling it how it is, she said it yesterday to her husband."

"She said that to him?"

"Yes, I went to go tell her something and I heard them talking."

"I'll knock her and her husband the fuck out."

"Dad chill, I'm just going to leave and I never wanna see this lady again."

"Where you going to go?"

"Esme has a extra room or I could stay with any of my brothers until I get a job and afford a apartment."

"Look for some apartments and I'll pay for it or you can come live with me, I'll send for you."

"Daddy, I already registered for school and stuff. I need to be here."

"Then I will get your apartment, look for some."

"Okay, let me call somebody to see if I can stay with them."

"If you have no luck, call me back I'll get you a hotel room."