Jaelyn

Volume three

"I don't want you coming to this game." Shep said making me stop getting ready.

"The reason?"

"Because you gon get jumped again, they been talking bout it in school."

"So? I'll rock out by myself, I'm not scared of those bitches."

"Can you please just listen?"

"I like going to your games." I looked at him blankly.

"And I like hearing you yell my name from the stands but I don't like you doing all this fighting, it's petty and you too pretty."

"If you don't want me to go then I won't." I shrugged taking off my my jacket laying back in my bed.

"Don't be mad at me for looking out for you Jae."

"I'm not."

"I gotta go to the school but I'll call you afterwards and maybe we could go get something to eat."

"Yeah maybe." 

"I love you." He stood above me.

"Love you too." He shook his head then kissed me on my cheek walking out. 

I laid down looking at the ceiling for almost ten minutes until I got bored, I stood up going in the kitchen to make something to eat. I watched my stepfather, mom and his daughter come in the kitchen looking at me.

"I thought you was going to the game?" My mom said. 

"I did too." I mumbled scratching my head.

"We're about to go to the hibachi grill, wanna come?" 

"Sure, I don't got nothing else to do." I shrugged walking back out. 

I called Esme but her annoying ass was with her nigga, Dylan was with someone else nigga and Jala dumb ass was just too dumb. I needed some new friends because these bitches got to go.

"Hey, um, instead of going to the hibachi do you just want to come with me?" My step-sister Laurie asked.

"Where?" 

"My friends and I doing a cypher."

"Like a weed cypher? You smoke? Since the fuck when?" 

"I've been smoking since I was 15." She chuckled.

"Girl, we would've been cool if I knew that. Hell yeah I wanna come."

"I'll tell them we going somewhere else."

"Bet, I'll meet you downstairs." 

I took off my jersey with pictures of Shep on it putting on a black Ralph Lauren shirt leaving on my ripped jeans and uggs. I grabbed my phone making sure I had my license, money and state ID. I grabbed a jacket then walked downstairs.

"Ready?" I asked making her get up. "We out."

"Be safe!" My mom called back.

"You could drive right?" 

"Yeah." She nodded as I handed her my car keys.

"So these friends cool? Cause I pick up on vibes and I don't like meeting new people."

"We're in college, it's so different from high school. We're all chill." She stated making me nod. 

"As long as nobody start with me then I'm fine."

"I promise you'll have fun."

~

"Laurie's here!" Some girl yelled as we walked into somebody basement. "And she bought company!"