Spencer

Volume one.

"Where the hell is he?" I rolled my eyes checking the time again for the fifth time in the same minute

I had a job interview for a second job and my stupid ass baby father isn't here to watch our child again. He's an hour late and I should of been gave up hoping he would come. He lets me down every chance her gets but somehow I still have hope in him.

I looked down at my son who was sleep and sighed. I began taking off my clothes and called hoping I can reschedule knowing I couldn't seeming as though this was my third time cancelling on them. I shook my head feeling the tears in my eyes from frustration. I laid down cuddling up to my son hoping to sleep the frustration away.

I was awaken up from my sleep by Keohn sliding in the bed behind me, I scooted away from him making sure Kreed didn't wake up. He put his arm around my waist and I pushed it off me getting up knowing I had to do homework.

"Wassup with you?" He asked sitting up.

"Nothing. There isn't anything wrong with me."

"It obviously is with you doing allat dumb movement shit with yo neck."

"Where were you-" I stopped to look at the time. "Two hours ago when I needed you?"

"Needed me for what?" He avoided my question.

"I told you I had a interview today and thanks to your irresponsible ass I couldn't even reschedule it because that was going to be the fourth time!" I raised my voice in annoyance.

"Oh shit, I forgot. Damn baby, why didn't you call me?"

"When do you fucking answer Keohn?!"

"I get that you mad but quit yelling before you wake him up."

"It's not like you put his ass to sleep anyway, he has two parents so why does it feel like I'm the only parent?"

"You making it seem like I don't take care of him." He scrunched up his face. "What you need a second job for anyway? You could barely handle the one you have."

"Are you dumb or are you stupid? Tell me how much a case of diapers cost? Shoes? Wipes? Milk? When you spend money on your responsibilities instead of spending it on non-important shit like drugs and ya bum ass friends then you can say something."

"I hear you and I apologize Spence, come here." He held out his hand reaching for me as I stood there not moved by his statement.

He sighed but stood up coming to me, he wrapped his arms around my neck and stupidly, I hugged him back. We stayed like that for at least two minutes before I pulled back sitting at my desk so I can start my homework while he sat on the bed laying back.

"So where were you?" I asked pulling out my highlighter so I can remember the important details of the reading task.

"I went with Face to bust some moves."