Saymon

Volume Five

"That's everything?" I asked Janey as I got in the car

"Do you see anything else?"

"You always gotta say some smart shit." I looked at her then pulled off. 

"Ain't none of that once we get to the cabin." Donovan laughed.

"Where are you going? We have to pick up Sanaa." 

"She agreed to this?" I asked confused and shocked.

"Why would I come without my best friend?" 

"Well we five minutes away, tell her to be ready." I told her.

"So Janey, this like ya shit?" Donovan asked.

"Yeah, it's my parents cabin. We come out during the summer but I thought it'll be fun for us to come in the winter, we can ski and all that." She smiled.

"Aye Terror, pass me the adapter my shit dying." 

"Why do they call you Terror? You don't scare me."

"Why would I want you to be scared of me?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'm just saying." She rolled her eyes as Sanaa walked out her house with her bags.

I watched her every move as she put her bags in the trunk then got in the car sitting behind Janey, she spoke to everybody except for me but I expected that. I shook my head pulling off towards the highway. 

"How long will it take to get there?" Don asked.

"Two hours." I spoke. 

"When it get to like a hour, I'll take over driving." He suggested making me nod.

"Bet." I smiled. I could sit next to Sanaa and possibly get her talking.

~

"Kayla should be here by now." Janey rolled her eyes as we got out the car. 

"Imma just unload the car while we wait." Donovan said making me agree.

"What happened to your face?" Sanaa asked me.

"Your animal of a brother attacked him." Janey said before I could say anything. 

"Don't talk about my brother." Sanaa looked at her then me. "Why?" 

"Over some petty shit." I lied. 

"Some money! Your brother needs help." Janey glared at her. 

"You're annoying me." Sanaa rolled her eyes. 

"So what?" Janey rolled her eyes back. "And what happened to your sew in? Why would you take it out? You were actually pretty." 

"I'm pretty either way."