Esme

Volume Eight

"Stop pushing her!" I pushed Black hands before Hero could fall off the bed. "Come here baby."

"Both of y'all bout to get the fuck out."

"First of all, neither of us are going anywhere. Right stink?" I asked rubbing her tummy.

"You annoying as hell."

"You be acting like you don't like her but I know you be cuddling with her when I'm not here." I squinted my eyes.

"The fuck I don't."

"I seen it with my own eyes, you're a liar."

"You wanna know something?"

"What?"

"I hate going to the studio but you notice how every time you come over here I book some studio time?"

"You're an asshole." I kicked him in his back as he chuckled.

"Nah though, in like a few weeks or a month imma have to go out of town."

"Why? You performing out of town?"

"That and I gotta handle some shit with my mother, I'm tryna find some houses for her but she don't wanna leave the damn hood." He shook his head. "Imma buy her some shit she gon like and she ain't gon have no choice."

"That's sweet." I smiled.

"I was gon tell you to come with me but imma bring her back with me for a day or two so you gon meet her anyway."

"I'm meeting your mom?"

"You don't want to?"

"I don't like meeting mothers but since you love me, I'll meet ya mom." I smiled wrapping my arms around his waist leaning my head on his back.

"Told you I love you once and now you just running with it." He chuckled.

"You're always lying, never wanna seem like you soft. You soft as hell for me."

"Too soft." He shook his head.

"You're not too soft because you're still mean as hell."

"That ain't never changing." He shrugged.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes sitting up. "Come on Hero."

She jumped off the bed following me in the kitchen, I grabbed the jar of pickles and leaned on the counter eating them. I grabbed my phone checking it as somebody knocked on the door, I looked towards the back seeing he wasn't coming making me roll my eyes.

"Black here?" Some girl asked as I opened the door.

"He in the back." I said then called his name.

"Fuck you yelling for?" He asked coming out the back. "Wassup Shelly?"

"You got some milk?"

"I don't go food shopping, we got milk?" He asked looking towards me.

"Yeah."

"Can I get a cup?" She asked me.

"This not my house, ask him."

"Go head."

"Thank you." She smiled grabbing a plastic cup from the counter. "Can I get this baking powder? I'll bring it back."

"What you making?" Black asked.

"Andre come back from Iraq tonight so I'm making his favorites." She smiled. "Turkey wings, greens, mac and cheese, strawberry ice cream shortcake, and you know his ultimate favorite. Me."