Spencer

Volume Thirteen

"Are you okay?" Baby asked as I laid down.

"Not really." I sighed. "I met Face through my baby father but that's my brother, then to live with his mother and sister and see how hurt they are that shit hurting my soul."

"I wish I could do something to help you feel better."

"Can I call you back? Somebody calling me." I told him as I saw an unknown number.

"Yeah, just text me if anything."

"Okay." I nodded answering the call. "Hello?"

"Spence?" I heard Kee voice making my heart start pound, he sounded so drained.

"Yes?"

"Can I see you?" He asked. "Please."

"I'm going to get me and Kreed ready now."

"I'm already outside."

"Okay."

I haven't spoke to Keohn in almost three weeks since we had that bad argument but I knew he was taking this shit with Face so hard. It was bigger than me and him right now. Plus, I know Kreed would make him feel better.

"Daddy!" Kreed ran to him as he bent down to pick him up.

"Hey man." Keohn hugged him.

"I can't breathe daddy." Kreed said being dramatic making us laugh.

"I'm sorry, I missed you so much."

"I miss you more daddy, I put you on."

"You gotta put me on?" He chuckled. "What's been going on?"

They walked to the car as he strapped him up while I got in the passenger seat, Kreed and Keohn talked throughout the whole ride while I sat there making sure Kreed didn't tell my business. When we got to the apartment, I looked around feeling bittersweet.

"Me and Face decorated it by ourselves." He sadly smiled. "He said it was a way to apologize to you."

"It looks really nice." I spoke looking around stopping in the kitchen. "This is how I made my kitchen design when we were 15."

"Yeah, I remembered." He nodded.

"This is amazing."

"Spencer I apologize." He spoke making me look at him. "I don't remember what I said to you but Face and em said I said some real out of pocket shit that I should be ashamed of. They won't tell me what I said-"

"You told me you'll get Kreed taken from me, how I was a ho and you tried to put your hands on me."

"Damn." He shook his head. "All you been hearing since I met you is sorry."

"Keohn it's-"

"Face was supposed to be home." He said tucking in his lips trying not to cry. "When I had that argument with you I had a big ass argument with his a few days later, we ain't talk since then. The last memory my brother got of me is me saying some bullshit."

"Kee stop." I told him feeling like I was about to cry.

"All he wanted me to do was stop using those pills, he was always tryna be a good brother and-"

"Face is not gone." I spoke. "He can come back from this and he will, stop talking like you gave up on him cause he have never gave up on you."

"I haven't picked up a pill since this happened." He spoke. "I did everything he told me to, I just want him to see shit he was saying didn't go unnoticed."