Esme

Volume four

"I'm so tired." I spoke going to lay under Emae and Hendrix.

"You done doing hair for the day?" Emae asked playing in Hendrix hair.

"Yes, I did seven heads today. My hands on fire." I frowned.

"You gon braid my hair for me?" Hendrix asked making me glance up at him.

"Now?"

"Yeah."

"How you want it?" I asked not really wanting to do it.

"Like this." He showed me a picture making me nod in relief, it wasn't going to take no longer than twenty minutes.

"You wanna do it in here or?"

"It don't matter."

"Sit on the floor." I told him as Emae handed me grease and a comb.

"Black let you hear the finished song?" Hendrix asked as I parted his hair.

"No, I didn't even know it was finished."

"Yeah, he finished it like two days ago. A audio gon go up in like three days then we gon shoot the video."

"How long you knew him?"

"All my damn life." He chuckled. "Me, him and Keyz mothers was best friends so we been joint at the hip since we were born. Nas came along in 8th grade."

"Should've left him." I mumbled making him laugh.

"You really don't like my brother?"

"I really don't, he so creepy and stupid. He gon call me a ho-"

"He what?" Emae asked sitting up. "Why you ain't tell me this?"

"I forgot to." I answered.

"I'll fuck Naseem up, he got us fucked up."

"Fallback Em, we told him bout his self when she left. You know Keyz and I see her like a sister, we ain't allowing that disrespect."

"Why he call you a hoe?"

"Because he's mad I keep referring him to a baby rapist."

"You not the first one." Emae pointed out.

"That's why y'all not bout to do, fallback." Hendrix spoke.

"I'm just not comfortable around him, he didn't even apologize for grabbing me or sexually harassing me."

"When he do that?" They asked in unison.

"The day I met him, he grabbed me and told me I was begging for it because I was walking in the comfort of my home with shorts on."

"I didn't know that." Hendrix furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm going to fuck Naseem up." Emae said getting up.

"Allat damn ass in my face." I said since she only had on a white tee shirt.

"She never got on no panties." Hendrix said making me laugh. "Act like she allergic to em."

"She is." I spoke as she laughed walking out the room.

"Aye sis, you think she happy?" He asked as I began his second braid.

"What you mean?"

"Like you think she happy with me?" He asked making me smile.

"I've never known my sister to stay in the house on a Saturday, so I know she is." I smiled making him nod. "You know this is when the club is most lit but she in the house instead."