Spencer

Volume sixteen

"Spencer somebody knocking on the door." Kee mumbled as I stirred awake.

"This your apartment you get the damn door." I mumbled back as I heard him groan.

"Lazy ass bitch." He mumbled getting up as I laughed.

Bet ya ass still going to get that door.

"Aye Spence, it's for you!" I heard Kee yell making me furrow my eyebrows.

I checked on Kreed to make sure he was still sleep, I moved my arm from under him gently then stood up. I stretched then walked towards the door seeing my little brother making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Carter, what are you doing? Why you here? What time is it?" I asked looking at the cable box which read 4:55 a.m. "How you get here?"

"I took the train and a bus."

"What the fuck? At 5 in the morning? For what?"

"Spencer, I can't stay with that lady no more. I've tried to ignore her fucked up ways but I can't no more son."

"You hungry?"

"I haven't ate in like three days." He shook his head as I walked in the kitchen.

"Sit down, turn on the t.v or something, I'll make something."

"You not going to ask what happened?" Kee asked.

"Yeah, I'm making sure he good first."

"If he sleepy, he could pull out that bed in the couch."

"I know Kee." I told him. "If you still sleepy, you could go back to sleep we good."

"Bet, tell me what happened later."

"Okay." I nodded then looked at Carter who was staring at the t.v but he wasn't watching it. "Your favorite food still breakfast?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

I was just going to make some french toast, sausages, and eggs but Carter is greedy so I added some grits, bacon and cinnamon rolls. I made his plate along with mine then put up Kee and Kreed food for later. I took both our plates to the living room then going back to pour us both some juice.

"Thanks Spinny."

"Mhm." I spoke blessing my food then going on Netflix to Stranger Things.

We watched a episode while eating when that episode was over he grabbed his dishes and washed them out as I waited to wash mine out but he did it for me making me sit down.

"So tell me wassup." I told him once he sat back down.

"Me and Paisley was arguing cause she was fucking with Sha, the nigga next door from us, so we arguing about it and she come in and start spazzing. Like she don't even know why we arguing but she come in there with the broom and just started swinging it hitting both of us, she ain't even care where she was hitting us."

"Lady mental." I shook my head.

"So once Paisley started crying she stopped hitting us and started yelling in her language."

"You mean patois, that girl is not Jamaican, she learned that because one of her boyfriends was Jamaican." I rolled my eyes lowkey laughing.

"Then she was saying how she tired of taking care of kids, she was tired of dealing with us, she never wanted kids, she wished we could've stayed away forever like you. So Paisley got smart with her and she tried to hit her with some metal bat type shit and I took that shit from her but she fell in the process so she tried to say I put my hands on her and called the police."