꒰ Chapter 10: " V " Part One ꒱

Q's POV- In Dream

It was a dystopia. Dark was bottled up in my region. Fearfully I seized my body into a small ball, becoming a small dot in a closet. My eyes were squinted together, my hands were side by side on my ear. Cold sweat strolled down from my forehead, down to my cheeks. 

Floods of tears were streaming its way as it came to a stop every time it comes in contact with my hand that covered my mouth. I tried so hard not to make a single sound. It was all too much for the young little girl to handle. The scenes and horrific screams keep repeating in my ear, in my mind. 

My stepmother was beneath my father screeching and yelling. The sounds were blasting my ears to the point I'd go deaf in an instant. A green alcohol glass that was half broken, was pointed towards the woman that had her hair out of place. Her clothes were torn to the extent you can see her undergarments clearly. Her body was decorated with scars, bruises, and kinks. The man that stood before her had an effusive expression. He liked what he saw. 

As he settled his balance, he lost control over the bottle, resulting thousands of pieces of glasses to shine like glitter in the blur of a night sky. He unbuckled his belt and threw everything he wore to the other side of the room. With the strap of the belt, he choked Q's stepmother as if harnessing, then hit her multiple times with his black belt. Up till this point, she couldn't handle it. Hate was written all over her face. Her face was dreadful. The lady moved back, inch by inch using her last strength. She gathered her torn clothes piece by piece that was barely visible to cover her chest.

 The next thing that happened was all too much for Q to watch although she couldn't understand what it was. 

"Mum! Dad! What's-" Another figure budged into the scene. 

"Minsue Unni.." Q softly called out as if her voice was playing a beautiful melody to a heartless robot named Minsue. Her stepsister. The innocent girl called out her sisters' name repeatedly. She was craving for hugs and cuddles at this point. Her little hands extended to Minsu's body that was cold and metallic.

"Don't touch me you, I am NOT your sister. All of this happened because of your presence. It's all your fault. You're the reason why dad is doing this. No one ever wants you or wanted you. You were a mistake from the moment you were created." Minsue shoved Q's hand away from her and stood between to her mother and father. The lines were clearly drawn. They were now enemies. 

They stood on opposite sides, facing each other. Everyone in the room had an unreadable expression, but Q. She was crying painfully as if she was burning. The people she thought were her family, just stood and watched her burn like a forest fire. The only thing that went through Q's mind was to escape the hell she once thought was heaven, was home, was everything. In a sprinting speed, Q bounded to her room where she thought she would be safe and sound. But no...

As if she was chased down by a monster, hard thumping steps made their entrance to Q's room and reached for the small pink pastel closet. 

"Q? Q? Q?! Wake up!" Lay shooked Q's body by her shoulder, back and forth. Sweats were again dripping down from her forehead endlessly.

I opened my eyes. It was blurry... I blinked my eyes and realized they were tears. Swiftly, I wiped them off as if nothing. 

"Are you ok? You don't seem well. Did you have a nightmare?" Lay helped me up and stroked my back, wiping my sweats with his sleeve.