꒰ Chapter 19: "Daydream" Part Five ꒱

Minsue's POV

"Minsue! where are you Minsue? We promise the Jung family that we would meet up and chat."I hear my mum shouting, trying to call me out. *Not like that would work!

I don't want to meet up with them even though I know it's fake. I don't like the idea the slightest bit.I'm leaving the house!

I ran to my room after confirming that the path is 'mom-free', took my clothes and stuffed it into my bag. Just when I was about to leave, I remembered something. A little grin beamed without me noticing. I skipped towards my wardrobe and open the small box that was deeply hidden in the corner. I open the box and took out the box of cigarettes that my 'love' gave me as his token before he left.

"I'm coming back for you my love, this time I will follow you to where ever you go," my eyes soften at the sight of this precious thing and place it carefully in my luggage.

I packed the last things in my bag, took my passport, air ticket and left the house.

Back to Q's POV

Looking at the phone on Jackson's hand, I hesitate. Maybe I should just leave it be? It's a holiday and what if it's important and we have to go back home immediately? Daniel would be sad...

As I was lost in my thoughts, the phone rang, stated 'K'. I made my decision and picked up the phone.

"I'm-ma just go now. Have fun chatting with K!"Jackson perceived the situation in no time and left as soon as he could.

Ignoring Jackson, I swiped the phone and answered the phone call.

"Care to explain?" My voice was conceived with a piece of serene melody, cutting straight to the point.

K was not surprised to hear my voice, instead, he just gave me a deep sigh.

"Looks like I can't keep this no more..." He spoke in a composed manner and continued on

"Lee is dead. My condolence."

He said it with a soft tone yet the words that actually came out of his deep voice pierces through my soul. I didn't expect that. I really didn't.

"Hey, this isn't a thing that you could casually joke about...eh?"I started out with a joke, disbelief as I felt something flowing down my cheek. I wiped it off in a smooth series of movement and froze. TEARS? I guess a part of me believed it and without me knowing, that part of me took control of my emotions and let out a single tear.

"Did he pass away peacefully?"I bite my lips hard, trying my best to not show any sign of me crying.

"Yeah, everything is done. I went to his funeral in place of you. Everyone was distressed but they would manage." K re-assured, taking care of my vulnerable side.

His voice was like a spell that he cast on me, I calm down and gain my emotional control thingy back.

"I need some time to think this through...Bye." I hung up before he could even say anything.

I tried to calm down but memories just kept booming into my mind like a boomerang. The harder I try to forget, the more memories it brings back. The harder it is to stop them from entering my conscious mindset.

"Looks like the 'week of the month' is coming. I can't even control the basics!"I laughed at my self.

"Oh, what are you doing here Q?" I hear Jin talking from the back.

I quickly wiped off the trace of my tears and turned around to face him.

"Buy tickets back to South Korea now, we are going back ASAP," I ordered, speaking like a tornado.