꒰ Chapter 16: "Missing" Part Two ꒱

To say the truth, my position is nowhere far from beggars

To say the truth, my position is nowhere far from beggars.The only difference is that I pickpocket instead of begging for a living.Let me tell you how all of this began.When I was young, My parents gave me to the orphanage because they were having a hard time living here, Dubai, where rich people enjoy and poor people suffer.And when I was in the orphanage, I met Woozi and Wonwoo Hyung.We became good friend quickly and had a pretty good life until Jeonghan's dad bought the land that our orphanage was on.We tried to persuade them but that didn't work in fact, Jeonghan used his power and ordered Dino, his right-hand man to beat us up.

With the orphanage gone and having nowhere else to go, Wonwoo Hyung became sick. No money and no place to take shelter, we didn't know what to do.Suddenly, Jeonghan appeared before our eyes, he said that he would take us in and take care of us if we did what he ordered.He even said that he would give us back the land so the kids could stay!We accepted the bait, knowing that it could be some sort of trap because we needed to get Wonwoo Hyung treated.

We followed him to some kind of underground tunnel and saw tons of other kids.Some older and some younger.He left us there and left.When we were there, people teach us the rules we have to obey and how to pickpocket and steal.I was always bad at it because I couldn't lie and control my facial expressions.

Back to present.

I nodded furiously as an answer to his question.

"If it hurt that much, why don't you just get better at stealing???"

"If you did better and took more money, you won't have to go through this over and over." his deep and husky yet haunted voice sends chills down to my spine.I couldn't look at him in the eyes because of my timidness.

The guy looked at his watch, knowing that he is about to be late for something, he quickly stood up and took the napkin that his right-hand man was holding

"It's your choice!Screw this up again and I'll chop off those useless hands of yours that is unwilling to steal and send you to somewhere so far, you won't be able to meet your little friends.You would have no choice but to learn to beg!"He wiped his hand on the napkin hardly, as if he touched something dirty and left.