꒰ Chapter 24: "Shattered Love" ꒱

Tao's POV

"Tao? What you doing out here and not getting in?" Baekyun waved his hand in front of me, trying to get my attention.

"Hm?! Oh, Hyung..." I snapped out of my thoughts and greeted him.

"Hey, what's wrong with you? You seem a little worn out..." He put his hand on my shoulders, showing concern.

"Did you... Did you go to a club yesterday and not tell us?!"He asked, shocked, as he took a step back and portrayed a betrayed look.

"Hyung... I don't feel too good now. I'm just gonna leave..." I pat him on the shoulder and walked away.

Baekhyun's eyes soon settled down, from that playful eyes to a deadly stare. He stood there, watching Tao walk further and further away before he turned around and walked into the Garden.

10 minutes ago

Tao's POV

This has been a long while since I had a 1-to-1 time with Minsue. If I didn't remember wrongly, it was 4 years ago, before she left and went overseas. I'm just really excited since this time it was Minsue that asked to meet up (normally it's Tao). I wonder what is she's gonna tell me... I blushed while some thoughts flow through my mind.

Each step I made took me closer to the Garden, closer to Minsue. And soon, I was in front of the garden. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself before entering.

"Oh, Oppa! You are finally here!" Her stunning smile that caught my attention from before was planted on her face.

"I have something to tell you, something that I could say to you and only you..." Her face blushed and my heart started to beat rapidly again.

"You see, you are the only one that always listens to me and you were the only one that was by my side when I was down. Even yesterday, you protected me the moment you saw I was in danger... You are the only one that I could talk to, this has been hidden deep down in my heart for a long while. She said as she nervously looks down to the floor.

I too because the atmosphere started to feel embarrassed. Yet a part of me was looking forward to what she would say.

"Tao ah, I'm in love with someone." She said happily, with that smile that I was attracted to.

My heart dropped, but I forced myself to keep my smile on.

"Show me who this lucky guy is..." My voice trembled. I really tried my best to keep it together but asking for the pic was a bad mistake cause little would I know that my heart would be in pieces and never the same ever again.

 I really tried my best to keep it together but asking for the pic was a bad mistake cause little would I know that my heart would be in pieces and never the same ever again

She showed me a bunch of pictures, some with close-ups and some with a body length but never once did I see a photo of her and him together

She showed me a bunch of pictures, some with close-ups and some with a body length but never once did I see a photo of her and him together. I started to think that maybe this was a lie, maybe she's just testing me, joking about it.

I hesitated, "But the engagement..."

"I know! That's why you are here! Tao ah, help me cancel the engagement! Your family is also in the top 5, persuade your parents to help us. This is the only way now." She held onto my arms, eyes filled with hope, hoping that I would agree.

I didn't know what to do. I know that Minsue's family is not well off as before, but I don't do business, I don't know what to do or know how to help. I'm not sure if my parents would actually agree to this though. Since we had a fight not long ago.

[ After school ]

Minsue's request haunted me the whole day. I really wanted to help her since it's her.

I strolled down the stairs, planning to go back and please my parents. Hopefully, they would help after I do well for a week. And I see Q, waiting at the gate. She had earphones plugged in, her body leaning against the wall. That's weird, normally she would just walk back home with the girls.. wait, what was I thinking, they aren't here anymore...

That's when there was loud bike exhaustion. She and I both looked towards that direction. The bike wasn't a really expensive one. Which was kinda weird since this is our area, the upper society area.

 Which was kinda weird since this is our area, the upper society area

The bike soon stopped in front of her and she jumped up. Showing the same smile Minsue has, the one when they were really happy.Their smile looked so similar that for a split second I thought I was looking at Minsue. The man got off the bike and took the helmet off.

It was the same guy that was on Minsue's pic!!!

I hid behind the something out of reflex, trying not to let them notice me. Why would that guy be with Q? Shouldn't he be with Minsue instead? These questions wandered in my head as I kept an eye on them.

Judging by the reaction of Q, they seem to know each other well. He took the helmet that he was wearing before and clicked it on Q's head. They both got onto the bike and Q naturally wrapped her arms around his waist, body leaning onto his back.

I was going to take a pic of that man, but before I could even take my phone up

I was going to take a pic of that man, but before I could even take my phone up. My eyes met with that man. There was no mistake, he was looking at me. But how? I'm really far from him so I'm sure people can't see me... I hid deeper, so deep that even I can't see the two. When I came back out, both of them were gone.

A sudden hand patted my shoulder, "Hey! What are you doing?"

To be continued