꒰ Chapter 21: "Calamity " Part One ꒱

"I'm home!" I take off my shoes and step in the house.

"Welcome back miss Q, would you like me to inform everyone that you are back?" The maid asked.

"Nah, it's fine. Is Daniel back?" I glance to the right of the wall, reading the time present on the clock and thought that it's quite late so I should just go back to my room.

"Master Ace went to his room and didn't leave after coming back. Would you want me to escort him, Miss Q?" She replies,

sigh, I guess he has yet to accept it. Must be hard for him, after all these years of being an 'unwanted' child, suddenly knowing that he has a blood-related grandfather that loved him, but now that he is dead... I don't even know anymore. It's like giving him false hope.

I got back to my room and took out a cake from the fridge in my room.

Hah, now I could even lose my appetite over cake. How foolish of me, I laughed at myself. I'm normally a master at this. I guess losing two 'family' members in one week could break my mask that I was wearing for my whole life.

I took out the letter that I kept deep in my bag. The letter wrote, To my dear child, XXX. I couldn't see the words clearly after the word child. Those words were smudged but I could roughly see my name on it. I didn't hesitate twice and open the letter.

My dear child,

When you read this letter I would no longer exist. I apologize for not letting you know that my conditions have worsened, my heart just couldn't bear the fact that you might cry after knowing about it.

I have lived long enough. My only regret is that I couldn't spend time with my grandson, unlike Yoon. I have also known that once you get this letter, you would also know the conditions of Yoon too. I don't know what unreasonable request he would ask but base on his character and all the time I've known him, I know that he would request something taboo. I am aware that it is bad but remember, we've been through lots of hardship together and that's what drew us closer. I have left to search and reunite with our old buddies- soon the last member of our generation Yoon, would too. I just don't want you to have any regrets in the future like me.

As for my company shares, you won't have to worry about them falling into the wrong hands, I have already taken care of it and the documents are in that brat that so calls himself K's hand, and I presume that he is reliable. Oh well, even if he is not reliable, he won't be able to use it cause I have set a code which only Daniel and you knows.

There is something that bothers me, you aren't dating any boys right? My baby girl won't be stained by those filthy creatures right? That K guy gives me a bad vibe. You aren't dating this K guy right? If you guys are dating, I would keep an eye out for you and if he was cheating I'm gonna electric the hell out of him from heaven or drag him with me into hell. My pure angle would always be pure and I would not tolerate anyone who makes my baby cry.

Anyways, I'm sure that you would look after my treasure, Daniel too and now that the old generation is slowly leaving, you have to learn and make new friends and learn to take care of yourself... Time sure flows fast, I still remember the first time I met you was when you were still a little child who gets easily scared by my appearance but now you are all so grown up. Don't play around and cause too much trouble and remember, even if the whole world turns their backs on you, you are never alone. All the old generation would always be by your side no matter what happens, just in a different place.

Love, Uncle 4 3799

---letter end---