Chapter 3 - Wrong Road

Kat has been walking for a couple of hours when she noticed that was becoming dark and soon she wouldn't have seen from an inch of her nose.
I've been walking for hours and I still haven't found a rag of a building where to spend the night in, is it possible? I would appreciate even a car now. I just need a place where I can spend the night and be safe from walkers...
As it wasn't enough, her stomach reminded her the reason why she left the house where she were: she was hungry. Very hungry. She have had a breakfast surely not big and she skipped lunch.

The sun was already set when Kat noticed on the edge of the road an abandoned car that seemed in good conditions. She went close to check it and decided she would have spent the night in there. It's not the maximum, but is the best that I've found, so I have to be content for now. She knew the car wasn't a very safe place to sleep in but she didn't have any choice. She arranged the things she brought and improvised a sort of pillow with the things she had with her.

I wonder if that man is still alive... Mah, not very likely I guess. And the woman? Where would they brought her?

The memory of that episode was back. Kat really couldn't keep it away from her mind even if she tried to forget it.

What a stupid I've been: I could have been in trouble today going to those men. Dammit what a stupid! Fortunately the didn't notice me, but I have to be more careful next time: I'm alone now.

Kat knew she have had to be more careful because no one would have been there to save her if something happened to her, but at the same time she was angry with herself because she had never been so helpless.
Mostly from when the apocalypse had started.

Soon after Kat fell in a deep and tormented sleep. She dreamt those screams and that authoritarian voice that faced the man on the ground. She wouldn't have forgotten it easily.

She woke up in the morning with the firsts sun shines, as often happened. After checking the outside of the car she went out and got ready to go walking again.

About after half mile she saw a truck on the side of the road that seemed containing something. Here we are! Maybe I can eat finally. She went near the truck and started to look into the various boxes looking for food. She was making a lot of noise and she didn't notice that a car had stopped not far away from the truck. While, kept by euphoria she was looking for, suddenly heard the icy and sharp noise of metal beating against metal.

Kat froze.
Fuck! Fuck... What do I do now?
She couldn't think other that a deep voice behind her said: <Ah...what do we have here?>

The voice. That voice. Kat was sure to have already heard it before, but in that moment the fear had her forget about it.

<Leave what you got in your hands and turn slowly> the voice told her.

<I'm fucking talking to you!> and beat again against metal.

The voice? Finally Kat remembered where she had heard that voice before but the thing had terrorized her...

Negan.

She turned very slowly with hands up and raised her eyes slowly too, unless they crossed the man's eyes.

<Whoa! Look at what we got here...> exclaimed the man surprised getting closer to the truck.
Kat had opened her eyes widely seeing the object that had caused that metallic noise was a baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it. God. Things weren't getting good at all.