Chapter 40 - Men

After returning home, Kat immediately went to check on Negan.
Fortunately, he was still alive.

Now I have to fix him and then I will go to rest.

She had sat next to him and was stroking his cheek with her hand, noticing that his beard was growing longer than he usually had. It was soft and flowed gently through Kat's fingers.

After fixing the supplements, she went into the bedroom and threw herself dead weight in the bed, closing her eyes for a moment.
Two ice-colored eyes appeared in front of her and made her jump, opening her eyes.

She ran a hand over his face, then got up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. After placing the glass, she stopped to look at the patch that Rick had put on her.

Rick...

Suddenly from the other room she heard a moan and ran quickly to see if he was well. She didn't notice anything unusual and sat down on the couch with Negan.

I should shave him... He wouldn't let the beard grow so long. Maybe tomorrow, but now I'm going to sleep because I'm tired.

She got up and went back to the bedroom to sleep. Not many minutes passed that Kat was already sleeping deeply.

A hand grabs her arm, a warm voice calls her, she turns and looks in Rick's sky-colored eyes. Time stops, the breaths are synchronized, the ice in his eyes burns like an indomitable fire and hypnotizes her making her unable to look away. She approaches him putting a hand on his chest and hearing the sound of his heart beating rhythmically by making his hand throb. The face approaches his and the breath stops waiting for him to kiss her. The lips approach slowly and when touched gently release an electric discharge.

Kat woke up quickly, sweating, breathing heavily and her heart pounding as if was about to come out of her chest. She brushed her hair off her sticky face and sat down in bed.

It seemed so real...
Shit. I only needed him to complicate things.

Puffing up she got out of bed and went to the window in the living room to watch the stars. As she passed she looked at Negan as still as he was, and then sat in front of the window.

Negan, Negan, you wouldn't like this thing not at all. And how if you wouldn't like it.

After observing the clear and calm sky covered by the bright stars, she had returned to her bed, hoping that her mind would not play another trick like that.

The next morning she got up, checked Negan, got dressed and went to check the traps. However small it was, she always managed to get some animal to eat. Then she went for a walk in the woods to get distracted and when she got home, she trained like old times.

After lunch, instead, she sat in the armchair with a book in her hands and began to read: she didn't know how to occupy the time, she wanted to go back to Alexandria but it was still too early.

Once she was tired of the book, she got up, took the shotgun and leaned out hoping for the passage of some animal. She waited a bit but nothing went by, so she went back into the house.

Entering the house she looked at Negan and his beard, she went to the bathroom and after finding a shaving foam residue in a locker, took a knife and she went to the living room.

After sitting down, she put some shaving foam in her hands and began to spread it on Negan's face, then she took the knife and after carefully observing it, she began to pass the blade on his face. The movements were fluid but cautious, the blade ran fast on the skin now smooth without leaving traces and once finished, Kat wiped it with a piece of cloth.
She stopped to look at the man who had caused all of those problems but at the same time managed to make her feel so good. She leaned over him caressing the soft skin, put a finger on his lips and approached them. She remained motionless and stared at him for a few seconds.
Then she got up and left with her knife.

The next day passed as the day before, without anything interesting, and so did another two or three, until Kat decided to return to Alexandria.
She arranged everything and left early in the morning to be able to spend the whole day there.