Chapter 27 - The Hunt

The Saviors were finally leaving and during the journey one of them had tried to cure Simon as better as he could. Meanwhile Negan was giving orders on the areas to check to his men through waklie talkie and he would have been at the head of a team, of course. Once at a crossroads, the convoy stopped, and the Saviors went down. They divided into teams of 4 or 5 people and would have covered circular areas, starting from the center and going out to check as much space as possible. Negan wanted to find her and wouldn't have stopped.
The research was just begun but within half mile there were no houses, so it was quite likely that Kat wasn't there.

Meanwhile Kat was in the house and was still resting, when she heard steps coming from the outside.
She widened her eyes and remained petrified for a moment: Fuck... must be them. Getting out of the bed slowly and without making noise, she reached the nearest weapon and went towards the window to see what was that. Stood up slowly her gaze and saw that in front of the door was walking a zombie with tied at foot a chain.

Crap, it scared the shit out of me. Luckily it's just a stupid walker.

Kat opened the door and surprising the zombie from behind, hit him to the head making him fall loudly on the ground.

Well, now I just have to take it away from here because it sucks a little bit so close to the door... and also because someone could see it and come to investigate.

She made quiet an effort to drag it far enough from home, then she took a moment to recover. Lifted her hands to the sky and went to sit against a big tree. She liked this place: even if she was completely alone, that was she needed in this moment.

Will they be still looking for me? Maybe they have already stopped. Or they will have just started? Mmhh, I'm not sure... probably they will be still trying to look for me in vain, they will never find me here. And him? Yes, he will definitely be with them: after what I did he would like to be the first to find me. Him and his stupid pride... I really thought that he could be different, or at least that he tried to.. Men.

Kat had closed her eyes and her head was supported lazily by the trunk, with hot sunshines that touched her skin, when suddenly she felt a noise acute and fast passing next to her face: the dart of a crossbow had just failed to hit her for a breath. Kat stood up immediately and began to run faster than she could, trying not to offer an easy trajectory to the next dart. Even if she was fast, she had never been faster than a dart. She ran wildly homewards, and as soon as there she was inside rushed into the trap door leading to the hiding place, hoping that they didn't find her. She knew for sure that the man with the crossbow would have followed her and wouldn't have been difficult to find the house and make the connection.

Shit! I just hope that are not the Negan's men...but will definitely be them.

Kat closed as better as she could both the trap doors from the inside trying to block them and began to wait. After a few minutes she heard passes over her head and someone who was searching at home between her things. Fortunately shortly after she heard the same steps going away but she still waited a bit before exit for safety. Once out, Kat checked that he hadn't taken weapons and the food, and in fact nothing was missing apart from some box of tuna.

What a mess. Fortunately he didn't take anything but now knows where is the house and could come again. Fuck.