Chapter 17 - Something To Lose

Meanwhile Kat had remained at the Sanctuary. After Negan had left her room, she settled the bed and then went to work trying to stay as neutral as possible. What had happened a few hours before had exalted her: even if she did not know Negan well yet, she had decided to give him a chance. And then the night with him was fantastic, so Kat felt reassured.

Who knows if it was just sex for him? And what was that for me? Surely he is an attractive man, nothing to say, but I still can't say exactly what I feel for him... Desire? Yes, maybe yes. But something else? I do not know... Not yet at least. Maybe I should talk to him, or maybe not, I don't know.

She wasn't sure what Negan felt for her because he never let his feelings leak out, nor he expressed them: he joked too heavily, was inappropriate, and was certainly physically attracted by her but if he knew better her,would he hadn't thought the same? He had sometimes said that some aspects of her character were likeable to him, however, perhaps he liked her because he wanted to take her to bed... After all, the same attitudes in others had been severely punished.

The situation was not very clear, the only clear thing was that they would  have been together again.

Will we see each other again tonight? I hope so, so maybe we will have time to get to know each other a little better. I would like to know his story even if he does not like to tell anything about it. It has become an obsessive thought more than it was already... And the fact of having seen her naked certainly doesn't help... I seem to be fighting with the first crush of my life, what a fool I am.

At that moment Kat returned impeccably to one of the phrases that Negan had told her "I'll give you something to lose..." here, she finally understood.

He was something to lose.

He knew that Kat would feel something for him sooner or later, he just had to be patient enough to wait. Of course he had made a bet to "play" with her, but was willing to risk it.

Only he had not noticed the fact that he was becoming attached to her too and that in the same way, she would be his something to lose.

Shit. I hate to agree with him. What he had told me is becoming real.