Chapter 21 - The Decision

Kat had returned to her room without bothering to be seen by anyone, although no one had actually seen her, but she had decided she didn't want to worry about the rules of Negan and his whims anymore.

She laid down in bed staring at the ceiling. Empty. Empty as she felt now.
I knew it. I knew it and I fell like a fool. God I do not know what I would give to forget everything, to forget him and this place. I could even leave, but this place is not so bad in the end... I do not know, I do not know what to do or what to think.

Kat was hurt, sad and disappointed, but a slight smile had appeared on her face: she had held on to Negan. According to what was said, no one had ever done it. They were not even but at least Kat had taken a little revenge for all he had done to her.

Who knows what will he be doing now? Will he still be crying? Probably yes. Ahhh enough, I have to stop thinking about him! I have to get him out of my head.

Surely easier to be said than to be done and Kat knew this. She would have never lifted it off her head by continuing to live there, so the option to leave was not so absurd. It was something to take seriously into consideration.

But then where do I go? And where do I get food and weapons? I survived even without all this though... I have to think carefully about what to do.

It was late at night now and the Sanctuary was dark and silent. If Kat had wanted to steal something it would have been the best time, but she had something else in mind: she seemed to remember that one of the Saviors kept weapons in his room and maybe it was Simon. She wouldn't risk going to his room at night because everyone believed her in the cell, but she would have gone when it was empty.

She had decided: she would have left. She didn't know where to go but she would have found something, as she had already done.

She took a backpack and began to choose clothes and things that would  have been useful for her life as a survivor.