Chapter 5 - The Meeting

Kat was escorted from his room to another room apparently equal to all the others. The man with her knocked and then pushed her inside.

<Hello doll> said Negan smiling <Please, just sit on the couch> pointing her where to sit. Kat, sitting, started to look around the room and noticed it looked like the others but was bigger and better furnished.

Then Negan went on to say: <You haven't told me yet what your name is and what were you doing in that truck>. Kat was hesitant to answer then he continued <See, when I ask you a question, you have to answer me, otherwise I'll be angry. And when I get angry ... Well, let's say that my Lucille is having a lot of fun> he said, pointing at the bat with the barbed wire.
Lucille? But what a fucking name is that? And why that thing should have a name?
The girl then braved and replied <My name is Katherine>.

<This is just half the answer I wanted, Kat>

Kat? Can this man become more hateful?
<I was just looking for supplies> she replied.

<Let's say it's okay for me now> getting comfortable on the armchair and going on. <So then Kat, I'll briefly explain how things work here. We are the Savior, I am Negan and command this band of poor idiots. Everyone here has a task and it's okay as long as everyone follows the rules ... But when someone does something that goes against the rules, then it's up to me to bring the order back> so far it was all clear to Kat and she was beginning to think maybe was not so bad then.
<So since I'm a really generous man> he said grumbling, <I'll offer you the opportunity to join us and live a life worthy of that name ... But to our rules>.

Kat was puzzled. She did not expect such a thing. Why should they be kidnapped her and then give her the opportunity to choose?

<And what if I did not accept it?> Kat asked dubiously.

<Well in that case you can choose: or Lucille or become food for the walkers we keep here>.

The choice had just become obvious. Who would have chosen Lucille or the walkers?

Kat then replied: <Since I have no choice, then I remain>.

Negan jumped up and shouted <You do have a choice!>. He was really furious and Kat looked at him scared.
<Everyone here has a choice. Some are just not smart enough to have done the right one... so I ask you for the last time: what do you choose?>

<I stay>
<I did not want to hear anything else> He looked at the door and shouted <Dwight!>

The door opened and a man came in with a half burned face and a wrapped Kat's arm.

<Take our friend Kat for a walk around the building and explain how things work here. Then assign her a job> said Negan.
<Perfect boss> answered the other, taking away Katherine.