Chapter 18 - The Plan

Negan had just entered into the Sanctuary when he ordered his men to bring him dinner to his room quickly. He wanted to stay a little alone to think about a way to meet with Kat. He could not send his men  to her because it would have been obvious, but he could not even go there in person because he would have aroused suspicions, and Simon did not need any more reasons to be suspicious.

Once he finished eating, he poured some wine on his shirt, then took it off, folded it and put it in a drawer with the others.

Then he put on another one and left the room to go to the canteen. The Saviors had not eaten yet but had already gathered in the canteen and when they saw Negan arrive they bowed in silence.

<Arise, I must say a word with you, but first I have to go and talk to our chefs> and saying so he went into the kitchen. Everyone immediately stopped doing what they were doing and bowed too, Negan waved him up and then asked what the evening menu was. Then he told them to serve all the encores that people asked because they would have been offered, without the need for points.
Then he turned, took a spoonful of soup from the pot and made sure to get his shirt dirty by pretending that it was an accident <Shit! Shit, I also got burnt. Simon!!> shouted, attracting the attention of the chefs.

Simon rushed in. <Yes boss? Are you okay?>

<For a dick, I'm burnt and my shirt got dirty: go to my room to get the white shirt in the drawer and bring it to me... I cannot hold a speech in these conditions. Now go>

<I'll go> Simon said leaving the kitchen.

Meanwhile, out of the table the Saviors were wondering what was going on there as they had heard screams.

A few minutes later they saw Simon coming running with his shirt folded in his hand.

<Here you go, the shirt you asked me> and handed it to him.
Negan had just taken off the dirty one and when he opened the white one he noticed the stain. He stared at it for a few seconds, then whispered <It's not possible...> he looked at his man and shouted in a rage <Bring me the girl now!> Showing him the stain.

<I'm going>

Meanwhile, Negan, now bare-chested, directly put on his beloved leather jacket and closed it up to his neck so as not to show that he was without a shirt. He went out and saw that everyone had been waiting for him to speak.

<Tonight dinner will be offered for all  of you by me: you can take more than a portion and no points will be required because I'm happy with the work you're doing...> Meanwhile Simon had entered by dragging Kat, confused by the whole situation
<... apart from you> and pointed to Kat <You really disappointed me. We gave you a chance among us but you did not work properly, so you'll get a punishment. Take her to the cell> he said cold and bitter.

Kat was not understanding: she had done her job as she had been asked and she did not think she was wrong. Moreover, the words of Negan and the tone with which he had said them had made her sad. He did not know if they were true or not but they had hurt her anyway.

Simon, without batting an eyelid, dragged the girl into the cell as she tried to wriggle free.

The rest of the Savoirs had remained silent to watch. They knew the exemplary punishments of Negan too well and would never get in the way to defend her. Then Negan took his leave with a simple <Well you've all seen that I have some business to do> he said pointing to the direction of the cell.

He set off alone and let out a smug smile.

Once he had arrived at the cell where Kat had been put, he ordered the guards not to watch her because it would have been useless and not to bring her food or water because he would have ordered it later.

Kat had heard that Negan was on the other side of the door and gripped, she began to cry silently.

After about an hour Negan ordered the guards out of his room to leave because he would have not received visits that night.