Chapter 12 - Surprise

Negan was gone and Kat was getting ready to have a shower.
A good shower is all I need after training. I've also got a lil time to relax before I have to go eating.
She took some towels and entered the shower. The warm water dried her straight and soft hair and went down her tonic body to her feet, giving her a pleasant sensation of relax.
I didn't think I could have been so good in a place "hostile" like this. Well, maybe after all it is not so hostile: almost everyone seems nice here. The only one I couldn't define properly is Negan. That man is so strange.

Kat often found herself to think about Negan and she asked herself how he could be so evil and charming at the same time. She was seeing him from another perspective... In fact they had a few more chances to share words and Kat didn't mind it at all, she was almost happy indeed. But she also thought how Negan had treated Sherry and the other "wives" and she stayed in doubt.

She ended to dry herself and got dressed putting on comfortable clothes, almost anonymous ones. After a few minutes she walked out of the door of her room to go to the dinner room but she got stopped by a very threatening man.

<You're Katherine, right?> the man asked her

<Yes> she answered

<Fine, you have to come with me then> and without waiting for a reply, he took her arm and dragged her with him. 

<Stop! Let me go! Who are you? And what do you want from me?> Kat wanted answers, blocked her feet and managed to stop the man. He quickly turned feeling that the girl was pulling him back and said <Well, I thought you knew me... I'm not so unknown here> with a silly smile <And I want nothing at all from you, I'm just doing my job> and said so, he started again to grab her with force. Soon after they arrived in front of a room door.

Oh no. Kat knew whose that room was. What does he want now? The man knocked and opened the door, letting Kat through first.

<Ahh here she is, our fighter!> said Negan throwing two punches in the air <Thank you Simon, you can go now> and made him the sign to go and close the door.
<Please doll, make yourself at home> Negan told her. Kat sat and felt Negan's insisting look staring at her cautiously form head to bottom.

<I liked you much more as you were dressed before... But seen that I made you brought here without having planned it, so...> he told her.

Christ. He always makes me feel almost inadequate. What's wrong with these clothes? Don't they let him see enough skin?

<Why did you make me bring here?> Kat asked with decision.

<I told you that we would have seen each other soon> Negan told her winking and laughing.

<Yes but "see you soon" it's just to say, it doesn't mean necessarily "see you in less than an hour">

<Hey hey, there's no need to heat> he answered lifting his hands as he was surrendering.

<I don't know what you're thinking Kat but I made you brought here just to talk a little bit... Unless you want to do other things seen that the other night you jumped on my bed> said showing a smart smile.

<Don't get your head up. You know I've entered your room by accident the other night, and then it's you that grabbed me on your bed>

<Fair enough, I apologize then> said hinting a bow.

<By the way I've got a surprise for you> he added turning to the door and shouted <Joe! Bring the dishes!> soon after a man entered with two smoking dishes that looked delicious.

<Here it is lady, a proper dinner... Not that shit served at the canteen. That's real food>

It looks really different to be honest... And also looks delicious.

<Don't compliment and eat. You don't want to ruin that great body of yours  with starvation, do you?>

Kat didn't have had a word. She didn't know how to feel and how to behave: she was flattered by the fact Negan reserved her some attentions but she didn't know if returning would have been appropriate or not... He had been after all nice enough with her, and he was also a handsome man, but he was much older than her.

Kat grabbed the cutlery and started to eat silently.