Chapter 16 - Alexandria

Negan had just taken off with a group of other Saviors and were proceeding to Alexandria: it was a nice place... The only problem was the people who lived there. Their leader was a certain Rick Grimes that everyone seemed to respect, but he was a completely different leader from Negan, he was not so unjustifiably cruel and he certainly did not like killing people. On one hand Negan admired him sincerely, on the other he considered him a serious threat to the order that the Saviors had built.

The first part of the journey had been dominated by silence when Simon took courage and spoke to Negan: <What punishment will that girl have for not doing her job?> Simon had sensed that there might be something between the two but it was not so stupid to tell him openly. Negan looked at him distractedly and said, <What girl?>

<The new one, works in the laundry>

<I have not decided yet>

<That's ungrateful of her, we gave her everything and she rewards us like that!> Simon blurted out trying to instigate Negan

<Everyone makes his own choices... And then they pay the price for it. The bill has yet to come. Then why do you care so much about her? Do you like her?>

Simon looked at him with a surprised expression.

<What? No no, absolutely not... It's not me the one who likes her...>

<Are you insinuating something Simon? Is there anything you would like to tell me?> Negan began to sound cold and threatening.

<No, no boss. I was just thinking that...> he did not have time to finish the sentence that Negan interrupted  him abruptly

<Ah, and so you think too? This is good. I am the one who thinks here, you only have to limit yourself to performe the orders I give you, it is not so difficult right? Or maybe all your thinking made you slow?> His voice had become as sharp as his words.

Negan knew perfectly well that this would only have attracted more interest from Simon but for now he had other problems to solve and decided to let it go.

Once in Alexandria, Negan made his usual entry into the scene announcing himself by slamming Lucille against the cold metal of the gate.

<Rick!> He exclaimed gladly when he saw the man

<We have prepared what you wanted>

<Thank you so much Rick, really, it's a pleasure to do business with you> he said, bowing.

In these situations it was never clear when Negan was serious or when he was joking, but in doubt it did not make so much difference.

<So Rick, already that I'm bothered to come up here, you make me take a tour of the place? And even if it sounds like a question, know it's not... So let's go>

Rick barely held a snort and walked with Negan.

<Rick Rick Rick. I am seriously affected by your ability to cooperate, especially after our first traumatic meeting, let's say>

Rick did not answer and did not even look at him.

<I admire you: you managed to build all this just based on the trust of others. Unbelievable. But surely you too must have stained your hands... You do not get anything without sacrifices>

Negan noticed that the man's face had grown darker and decided to tease him a little longer.

<Have your children seen?>

<What?>

<Well when you're out of your mind obviously>

<I...>

<You do not have to justify with me Rick, we do what we have to do to protect others, in this we are similar>

<We're not alike Negan> Rick snarled <We're not alike at all! I have never killed an innocent person just for the sake of doing it> To which Negan stopped and in a serious tone called him back

<Rick, I remind you that you are talking to me and not to one of your idiot friends. I do not have to give an explanation to you of what I do and I certainly will not...> he said approaching his ear <But if what I did was necessary to bend you, then I would do it another thousand times>.

Negan's words hurt exactly like Lucille and he was aware of it. He knew how to be truly cruel when he wanted to.

After saying those words to Rick, he looked him in the eyes and said mockingly <Thanks Rick> then he looked at him insistently as if waiting for something and Rick hardly answered <Thank you>.

Negan gathered his men and headed  backhom e. Even if he had not killed anyone this time, he was still satisfied with what he had done.
On the return journey, Kat came back to his mind. Not that he had forgotten about it, only that he had not had time to think it properly while he was in Alexandria. A few flashes of the night before came back to his mind and he could not help thinking that he wanted another taste of that girl.

As soon as I get home I have to find a way to see her... I'm going crazy. I would like her to scream my name and let everyone know that she is  onlymine  but I can't. Not yet. But I can't even risk making me discover how it happened this morning. In fact, the merit is hers that at least reminded me to wear clothes... What an idiot, I was opening naked. If I had been in my room it would not have been a problem, I could have said that there was one of my wives with me ... But Kat... Kat Kat Kat, her smell, her toned body and her smooth skin...

Negan was not aware of the fact that Simon was watching him intent on deciphering his expressions, smiles mocking mixed sincere smiles and encroaches not appropriate at the time, afterall he was just human.

Not long after, they came to the Sanctuary gates and got out of the cars.

I'm coming baby.