Chapter 26 - The Punishment

Negan was still waiting, too much for his taste. So he started walking, twirling his beloved Lucille and mimicking a swing a few times every now and then. After a few minutes he was already impatient and as soon as Simon and the other Saviors arrived he didn't avoid to point out the fact.

<Boss, I had all the men gathered together and I got arms, in case drastic measures were needed.>

<Mmhh... Simon, Simon, Simon... It's the second time today that you're doing your job badly> said Negan walking towards his man <and I certainly can't get over it. You have been warned Simon: "Don't keep me waiting" and instead here I am, turning alone like a jerk with a baseball bat in the middle of a parking lot. It seemed clear to me that the situation would require some urgency> and in the meantime he was going around among the dumbfounded men <and now, because of you Simon, we'll have to wait again. Because the rules are there to be respected and you Simon, you have not respected them> and saying so he raised Lucille in the sky and then launch a deadly blow on the head of the unfortunate turned from behind. After the first shot others followed, until only the crushed and chopped pieces remained of the skull. When Negan was satisfied, he fixed his bloodstained leather jacket, pointed Lucille to Simon and smiled <You're next>. Simon's blood froze in his veins and remained petrified. He also stopped breathing. Negan walked towards him and when he was close enough he pointed Lucille at him and continued <But not today>. Simon breathed a sigh of relief and when he closed his eyes thinking he had escaped, he heard a dark noise and immediately after a throbbing pain in his arm. He opened his eyes wide and saw Negan smiling.
<See Simon, I forgive, but Lucille doesn't> he said, pointing her to him.

Among the general disbelieve, Negan headed for a car and continued <C'mon! You stupid idiots, we've already lost enough time because of you. Let's go looking for that ungrateful girl!>.