Chapter 55 - Point Of No Return

The communities had already set off and in the meantime Kat at the Sanctuary was still locked in Negan's room, alone.

The sound of the lock had attracted her attention and Negan had entered his room, supporting Lucille on his shoulder.

<How do you feel honey?> He asked approaching her and reaching for her cheek.

<Leave me alone> she said dryly, moving his hand before he could reach her.

<Well I would say you're better if you have the strength to be arrogant> he pronounced grinning <However I was thinking that tonight you could stop to sleep here with me... At least we would avoid some other your escape> continued showing a sly smile.

<You are crazy. I won't sleep with you>

<Well, if you do not want to sleep we can always do something else...> he said, approaching her and lifting her chin with his fingers.

<Yes Negan, fuck me like you'd do with one of your whores> she spit sour, she got up and pushed him away, then went around the bed and after looking at his face she had run away laughing.

<Oh darling, do not tell me you believed that... Did you really think that was enough?> The girl teased, laughing and watching Negan's face grow more angry.

<All right> she said, raising her hands in surrender. <I'll stop and sleep with you tonight>Kat added defeated.

<You sleep on the couch> she informed him before lying down in his bed and getting under the covers.

Negan had remained stunned: he did not expect anything like that. He was so surprised by the fact that he had just been repaid with his own coin that he could not even reply, so he took off his jacket with a superior and indifferent air and went to pour whiskey in a glass and set on the couch.

As he sipped alcohol, he watched the girl sleep in his bed and thought about how much she had changed since they met. She had grown up, she had stopped being afraid of him and even managed to keep up with him a few times. The girl he was infatuated with became a woman, strong and independent.

After the third glass, when it was late at night, he got up from the couch and went to lie down behind Kat, thinking that now she had been sleeping for some time.

With his hand he stroked her soft hair and ran his fingers over her smooth arm.

<After all I've done to you, after all you've done to me... Here we are again...> Negan whispered more to himself than to her.

The girl, who was actually awake, had realized that Negan was behind her and that he was cuddling her but this time she had not withdrawn from his touch. Feeling him so close to her had caused a sharp heart and the sweetness that accompanied those little gestures was melting her. She did not know if it was the alcohol to speak for him or if he was sincere but at that moment she did not care.

<Here we are again> she whispered, then turned in his arms.

When she met his gaze she saw him frightened and surprised: he did not think she was still awake.

Negan started to withdraw but she stopped him.

<Stop> she said softly <Stay here, with me>.

The man looked her straight in the eyes, saying nothing, because there was no need for words to understand each other. Kat's few words seemed like a promise rather than a request.

<I thought you were sleeping>

<I thought you had to sleep on the couch> answered Kat, smiling at him.

<Negan? >

<Yes?> Replied the man holding her close to him.

<What are we?> asked hesitantly Kat.

Negan sighed deeply uncertain about  what to answer, but certainly of what he felt.

<We're anything you want us to be Kat> he said, smiling at her.

They were like waves for the sea, like wings for birds, like heat for the sun... indispensable. They did not have the courage to admit it to themselves, but that was what they were. They could hate each other so badly, they could hurt themselves, but they could not stop loving each other. Underneath, the spark had never been extinguished: it did not matter others, sex, promises, it did not matter.

The girl looked him in the eyes, approached him even more and kissed him.
He took her in his arms and slid her gently over him. They had waited for that kiss for so long that they had both forgotten the evil they had done to each other. Both had believed and hoped that sooner or later it would happen again: they knew that their hatred was blinded by love.

While they were kissing, suddenly a beam of blinding light came in through the window that forced the two to get up and cover their eyes with their hands.

<What the fuck is that?> Negan asked, understanding that something was wrong.

He approached the window and saw the armored vehicles around the fence.

<Come out!> Shouted Rick with a megaphone.

<Shit... Looks like your man is here for you> Negan said, turning to Kat jokingly.

<hHe's not here for me, Negan, he's here for you> she answered.

The two looked at each other one last time, then he went towards her with a firm step and, having drawn her to him, he kissed her with carriage.

<Go to hide, I'll come looking for you when it's all over>

<And your special plan for me?>

<The only thing you have to do for me now is stay alive. Now go!> He said, pushing her out the door.

Kat found herself in the middle of the corridor frantically crossed by the Savoiurs who were preparing to take up arms. She was seized by one arm and dragged away by Dwight who, not knowing that Negan had changed his mind, was leading her into her position.

<Leave me Dwight! Stop! Leave me!> Kat screamed screaming but the man did not pay attention to her.

<Stop screaming or it will be even worse!> Dwight yelled in response before tying her to a pole in the dark.

Negan, on the other hand, had left his room shortly after, with Lucille leaning on his shoulder and the gun in his pants. He would follow the plan.

He had all the Saviours in position, then headed for the door leading to the main entrance and, having drawn his best smug smile, had opened the door.

—————————
Hey guys!
I've published this chapter not long after the previous one because I felt guilty about haven't been posting for like a million years 😂🙈
So, hope you like it and let me know what you think.
Bye! ❤