Chapter 23 - A New Life

Kat had just finished packing her backpack when she heard noises coming from Negan's room and knowing him she had already figured out what he was doing. After a while, she also heard someone running in the corridor and immediately thought of one of Negan's men. She opened the door just enough to see who it was and saw Simon and Dwight running.

It was her chance. Now she could have gone looking for a weapon.

She ran to Simon's room because it was the closest and took a gun. Then she took advantage of it and also went to Dwight's room where she found a knife.
Bingo! Now I have what I need.
And saying so she went back to her room just in time to hear them come back again.

She checked if she had everything, put the gun in her backpack and walked towards the exit of the Sanctuary. Getting out of that place turned out to be harder than expected but once outside Kat breathed a sigh of relief. She felt free again. At last she was no longer accountable to anyone and could do whatever she wanted when she wanted to.
She began to walk without a precise destination, trying to stay close to the road so that she could orient herself. In a few hours the sun would have risen and she didn't know exactly if and when they would have noticed that she was gone.

She had an advantage for now, but she had to use it well. She knew that Negan would have chased her with all the means he had and certainly wouldn't have been spared because she was her. Kat had to be smart and she had to be smarter than him and his men.

The hunt was open.