Chapter 46 - The Awakening

Kat had returned to her house late that night to control Negan but he wasn't changed: he was laying still, the beard grew and she punctually cut it when it exceeded the length that he didn't like, she washed and fed him as better as she could, but he was still skinny.

What do I have to do with you mh? Rick would know what to do with you... but I don't.

Often she found herself think about that without even know what to think. Days spent fast, Kat went back and again between Alexandria and her house, and the plan took always more and more form, until they lack about 10 days to the attack and they could begin to enjoy the tension in the air. All the communities had joined and had continued to behave normally with the Saviors not to arouse suspicions, while things at the Sanctuary were falling. Kat would have had to return to Rick to define the details of the attack but were finished unfailingly back to bed together. So she had to return the next day.

She really liked staying with Rick, but at the same time she seemed not to deserve all that happiness, hiding the truth. While Kat was in Alexandria, something unpredictable was going on at her house. Negan was recovering consciousness, very slowly and with an immense effort, but sometimes began to return almost shiny: he was too weak to open his eyes or to be able to move but was recovering consciousness of his body. It was as if he was entering it for the first time, in some ways the absence had been so long to have pulled the soul apart from the body.

Fuck...but... The shit happens?

He was awake recently and questions were beginning to take foot in his mind.

But where am I? Why can't I open my eyes? Am I dead?

He was surrounded by darkness and silence, which made the option of death somewhat plausible.

What happened? And where I'm now?

Not knowing the answers to these questions was instilling some concern: he was helpless. Completely and inexorably helpless. He had never been in all his life and try this feeling at this time made him extremely sensitive and vulnerable, also to his thoughts. The awareness not to be more fully master of his body was destroying him. He was struggling with all the forces to try to move or at least to open the eyes, but nothing happened. Even thinking tired him: questions flashed in his head without any brake, until he missed again consciousness.

A few hours passed and Negan woke up again: this time he decided to take a step for a time.

I'm not dead. If I was I wouldn't wake up again, right? Fuck... now I have just to understand where am I... but I should open these fucking eyes that don't work: eyelids weigh too much. I can't be gone like this, not after what I have been through.

Finally, after numerous attempts, he was able to unfold slightly his eyes: the movement just perceptible made enter a bit of light burning as the fire and hurted the retina.