Chapter 13 - The Dinner

<So, seen that you haven't spoken a word yet, I'll say something. Because fuck, this silence it's unbearable. Mmhhh let's see.. Ah yes: Kat, tell me something about you> Negan said.

<Well I wouldn't know what to say actually...>

<Bullshit. There's a lot of things to say: where you lived, with who, how you ended up in that van... You can choose where to start>

<I lived with my family before all of this began, then I ended up like many others to go around without destination just trying to survive and I've met some people. We became like a family but then they died too and so I was alone. A day while I was looking for food, I ended up in that van... And you already know the rest of the story. > ended Kat. She didn't entered in details because she wasn't ready to share everything with him, so she only said the relevant things.

<I'm sorry Kat>. Those three words sounded really sincere, for once. It was like Negan had understood how much she had lost.

<Thank you> Kat sounded a bit more cold, but still struck by his words.

After a few moments of silence, Kat asked him timidly what was his story.

<No no lady, I'm the one who makes questions here> said shaking his head <And I'm not gonna tell you for sure how I ended up in this shit and most importantly of who I lost> his face became dark and his expression turned to anger.

<Asshole> whispered her.

<What have you said?> said the other, having heard perfectly.

<You are an asshole!> this time Kat told him in face, looking at him in his eyes painted in blood and before he could talk, she added <You bring me here telling me nothing, you ask me to tell you my story and then you also want me not to ask you anything? You're a poor idiot if you think people stay around you just because they like you: the truth is that they fear you and stay with you just because they're afraid of being alone because alone they would die in 5 minutes!>
Kat was angry and she let those words go out like a flood, without caring that the one who she had been telling thise words, was Negan.

Negan jumped on his feet, he was furious. If she had been a man, he would have beaten her, but hitting a woman was against his principles so he tried to calm himself.

<How the fuck did you dare? I invite you here, I offer you dinner and you still have the courage to insult me? Ugly bitch> said Negan getting closer to her.

<Don't make another step> Kat said. She was terribly serious and Negan noticed it.

The silence came down. The two of them were staring at each other in the eyes and the tension could have been cut with a knife.

Negan went back to sit and after took his hands on his face and said <You really pissed me off Kat... But I like the fact you're not afraid of me like all the others. Fuck, you hurt me with those words, I got feelings too. But I guess I've deserved it a bit, so I'll pretend nothing happened. There's something different in you Kat>.

Kat was relieved by the fact Negan hadn't make a scene, even though she had really feared him to do it. That man always left her doubting... But he made her curious. They challenged each other.