Chapter 34 - Destiny

Kat felt the gate behind her closing and she began to walk home. She did not remember the road well but she would have found it.. Sooner or later.

Damn. Negan. We were missing just him now: everything was going well until Rick named him. Now he will be suspicious for me not answering the question, but I really didn't expect that. Why do they know him? Wait... Once Negan must have said something about some communities... And maybe even some Rick Grimes.
They must be them. Shit...
Now that Negan knows where I live, however, I could come and stay with them for a while... Mmhh... But wait, they said that sometimes he comes here from them so it does not seem a smart move. Damn, things have just complicated!

Kat continued to walk absorbed in her thoughts and knew perfectly that Rick had become suspicious not just answering the question on Negan but had taken her off guard. She wanted to explain everything to him but he still couldn't trust him and above all she didn't know yet how things really worked.

Wandering home, suddenly the light from Kat's torch was reflected instead of getting lost in the dark.
Intrigued, she approached cautiously until she noticed that the light was reflected from what looked like a jacket. When she was close enough to see more clearly what it was, she stopped.

It is not possible. It must be a joke. I have hallucinations. I have to have them.

She came even closer and saw clearly that it was a body. She took all the courage she had in her body and starting from the feet she began to light it up.

It can't be.

She kept repeating it.

When she finally reached the face, she dropped the flashlight and returned it to the darkness.

Fuck.

Kat bent to pick up the torch and returned shaking to lighten the face.
Her heart was beating wildly and her hands trembled. She knelt by the body and noticed the numerous scratches and wounds. She staring at it still for a few minutes.

His face was full of blood, as were his hands and most of his arms. For what she could see, there were wounds and cuts a bit everywhere, but didn't know what they were caused by.

She reached out to shake his arm lightly but there were no signs of life. She took a deep breath and with two fingers on his neck tried to feel if there were any beats.

Thank god he's alive.

Kat stood up and began to walk nervously in the round, cursing and trying to think about what she should do with him.

Is he alive. But now? What do I do with him? I could leave him here and pretend nothing happened, but who knows how long he has been here. Oh God wait, and if he had been here since he came looking for me? It would have been about 4 days.
Shit! Okay, I can't leave him here, but how do I take him home?
I could ask Rick and the others... No, better not.
I hate you, Negan.

She took the body as best as she could and laboriously dragged it behind her.
After about ten meters, she turned and saw Lucille on the floor.

It's not possible.

Kat left Negan and went back to get Lucille, then she went back to get him too and walked back home.
The journey seemed eternal: Kat had taken almost three hours to travel a few hundred meters but when she saw her home in the distance, she breathed a sigh of relief.
Slowly she came to the door and finally entered the house. She put Lucille in a corner and with a titanic effort, she lifted Negan up like a dead weight and put him on the couch.
She staggered to the bathroom and freshened up, then took rags and returned to Negan.

What do I have to do with you?

Kat came up to him, stared at him for a moment, thinking about what she was about to do, then began to take off Negan's blood-encrusted clothes and left only his underwear on. She paused for a moment to look at him and couldn't help but notice once again how beautiful he was even reduced so badly. Then with the rags soaked in water she began to clean him and see if he was seriously injured. She checked every wound and medicated as best she could those reduced worse.

For being out there for who knows how many days, you're not very bad.

Once finished she put a blanket on him and sat down on the sofa next to him, in the little place that remained.
She looked at him as a sleeping child. She did not know if and when he would have woken up because she didn't even know if he would be transformed or not, not knowing the dynamics of the accident. She stared at him, thinking of a thousand possible scenarios and wondering if she had done the right thing, until tiredness took over and without realizing it, she fell asleep next to him.

——————————
Hey!
Do you like the story so far?
How do you feel about Negan? And Kat?
Leave a ⭐ and let me know what you think.

See you ❤