Chapter 32 - Opportunities

Even if they were past two or three days since Negan's visit, Kat had remained disturbed: she hated him for what he did but at the same time  she couldn't take him off from her head.

Damn. He always manages to remain in my head... He comes here with his beloved bat, his beautiful black pants, his jacket that fits him divinely... Like shit. Yes, like shit. Oh but who I want to tease, he's damn handsome. And an asshole. I can't forget for sure what he did, however, a part of me perhaps still wants him... He was so close... Enough Kat! Wipe him off from your head!

Kat didn't know what to do or to think of him. As a distraction she thought  to go looking for food, but this time  she would have had to go farther than the last time. She was pretty sure  theSaviors weren't still looking for her, but she was not equally sure about the type with the crossbow.
She took the precautions and began to walk. The fresh air and the sun touched her cheeks: sometimes it doesn't even seem that happened what happened. Everything seems so beautiful, until meetings one of those. In the distance there was a zombie but she didn't care about it. She walked not finding anything interesting when in the distance she saw a great rusty wall.

Strange.. perhaps it is worth going to check.

She walked cautiously towards those walls when she found herself in front of a big gate where there was written "Alexandria". She made to get closer to the gate when she heard the noise of steps behind her and stopped.

<Don't turn around, stay there. What do you want?>

<Um, I was just looking for food, not looking for trouble>

<Who are you? >

<Kat> and turned slowly to her interlocutor. In front of her there was the man with the crossbow.

<I've seen you. In the woods>

<Yes, I live there. Wait, you are the one who tried to kill me!> Kat got irritated and had brought a hand near where she kept the knife.

<I thought you were with...>

<Hey Daryl! Take her in> said a voice from above the gate. Then the gate opened and the crossbow man intimate Kat to enter, always keeping her under shooting. Kat walked slowly and found herself in front of a man and a woman whose faces not seemed so threatening. Or otherwise better than those of the Saviors'.

<So, what do we have here?> said the man showing himself self-confident.

<I found her in front of the gate> replied Daryl <Okay. Lower the crossbow Daryl: she doesn't seem so dangerous> the man said studying her carefully.

You have no idea of how dangerous I am.

<Okay, let's get started. What's your name?>

<Kat> replied firmly looking at him in the ice coloured eyes.

<Okay Kat, what were you doing in front of our gate?>

<I was looking for food and I saw the rusty walls. So I came to check>

<Well I would say that maybe after all, you may have found what you were looking for. This is our community Alexandria. Usually we do not welcome visitors well since...> the face of all became dark <well, however, seen that you don't seem a danger for us, we can negotiate. But first of all you will need to answer any questions>

<Fine> said Kat curious.

<How many walkers you have killed? >

<I don't know. Some, many perhaps>.

<How many people have you killed?>

<None>

<Why?>

<Fortunately, there wasn't need of that... but I can always remedy> said touching the knife. The man turned away towards Daryl and then to the others, and after have whispered something stated <Fine Kat, we can also think of helping you but with precautions of course, but you will need to contribute in some way to the community>.

<And what would you like in exchange?>

<Well you may work for us and maybe one day you can also come to stay with us. And you will have a your house, food, water and you will be safe. Then, what do you say?> it was the second time that Kat was made an offer too good to be true and seen that she had already fallen once into it, this time she would have been more cautious.

<Mmhh... okay, but at a condition> Kat was ready to negotiate.

<Fine> the man said.

<For now I'm living in my home in the woods and I will come here from time to time, but only when I want to> stated convinced <and when I come here I will bring food, if I find it>.
The group looked at each other for a moment, then the man looked at Kat in the eyes, reached out a hand and said: <We have a deal. Welcome to Alexandria>.

The opportunity that was just been given to Kat derived from the fact that Daryl had been spying on her for a little while he was in the woods and saw that she hunt and didn't go looking for trouble, could have been a resource for them and in these times  they needed people like her. The inconveniences of the attacks to Kat were only due to a misunderstandings due to the case.

Finally on the face of all, showed a smile and Kat couldn't help but reciprocate: it was hard to trust people, however, for them she was doing an exception, seen that they seemed well-placed to her.

—————————————
Hi! 💞
So guys, what do you think about this chance just given to Kat? And are you happy that Rick and the others are joining the story? 😍
Let me know what you think because, as you already know, I'm pretty curious.

See you soon ❤