Chapter 24 - A New Home

Kat had been walking for a while and the sky was starting to clear, but she still hadn't found a house or a place to stay in.

Almost certainly they will have noticed that I miss. If not everyone, at least... Um... Negan. The others could still believe me in the cell but he doesn't. I have to find a place to hide quickly because when they start looking for me it won't be fun: I have to be ready. Surely they will check all the houses closest to the Sanctuary, so I have to find some others. In fact, I shouldn't stay in a house... The house is too obvious. I have to look for something else...

She kept walking, thinking about what would be more useful to escape the Saviors, but she hadn't come yet to her mind.

The sun had just risen in the sky when Kat finally noticed a couple of houses.
Here we are, this is the moment of truth.
She approached cautiously and began to check them one by one, making sure they were vague. Once empty, she checked if there was food and water, then if there was a place to hide eventually.
Fuck. These houses are nice too, but there's no place to hide, dammit! If the Saviors catch me by surprise I wouldn't even have time to escape...

So she reluctantly decided to continue.

This time she went into the woods: she would have been more difficult to notice, but she would have also risked  to lose her bearings... but besides, now this wasn't her concern anymore because she had no longer a place to return to.

Behind a thick line of large trees there was a small house, isolated from all.
Let's see if at least this can be fine.
She entered cautiously and noticed with pleasure that it was vague.
After taking a look around she decided to check the outside too: about 30 meters away there was a trapdoor hidden on the ground, covered by leaves and earth, which Kat had noticed by accident after having kicked a stone.
Wow, this could be very interesting.
She cleaned the trapdoor a little and then tried to open it, but in vain.
No, no, come on, please!
The trapdoor gave no sign of wanting to open so Kat came back into the house.

But if the trapdoor doesn't open from the outside, then it will open from the inside... But where is the entrance? There must be a passage inside the house... I have to find it.

Kat began to put the house upside down looking for an entrance and when she was about to give up, she finally found it.

Ahh finally here it is! Let's see what it hides.

Without thinking twice she came in and was surprised by what she found there.

Food, water, some weapons... This must be heaven after the Apocalypse.
Now let's see if the other trapdoor opens.
Bingo!

Actually it could only be opened from the inside and it worked perfectly as well as not attracting the attention. After closing it, she covered it with earth and leaves in such a way as to hide it. So in case of an emergency she could  have used it to hide or escape.
After making sure she was safe at least for the moment, she settled down and decided to rest.