Chapter 35 - Nurse

The slight sound of leaves beating by the wind had awakened Kat earlier than usual, but before opening her eyes she wanted to enjoy the tranquility of the darkness a little longer. After a few minutes she opened her eyes and was frightened to see someone next to her.

What a dumbass... It's just Negan.

She didn't remember that he was still there because he hadn't moved.
Kat got up from the sofa and stretched out and went to the kitchen to eat something.

Ah god, that hurts... My back is in pieces. Falling asleep sitting on the couch was not a good idea.

She grabbed a cereal bar and some juice and had breakfast. Then she went to the bathroom to settle down and changed her clothes. Then she returned to the room where Negan was and sat in a chair watching him.

Who knows how he is. The wounds don't seem infected and the heart is still beating, but I don't know... What should I do with you? Damn. Maybe I should have left him where he was, but I would have never forgiven myself. Maybe they would have found him. But why did they leave him there? If they had looked for it they would have probably found him. What if were them to reduce him like that? Mmhh I don't know.

When the sky began to clear, Kat went out to check the traps, and finally she found a rabbit in one of them. She brought it home to clean it when one something jumped to her mind: how could Negan live without food or water, since it was a few days since he hadn't been fed?

Shit... I didn't really think about that. And now? This man creates more problems now than when he was healthy.
By the way, if he had fainted he would have already had to recover, at least I think, but what if he was in a coma? He could not even wake up and stay like that forever... How do I know how he is?

Kat's doubts were more than legitimate but couldn't be answered at least for now. So she felt morally forced to take care of him anyway.

I have to get something to make him at least a drip of restorative stuff or something... Ah, if only I had paid more attention to the episodes of Dr. House before everything went to be blessed...

She would go looking for that kind of thing, but there were not many hospitals and pharmacies around so she would have to take a car and a map, hoping to get lucky.

After getting ready and closing the house, she started looking for a car.
One of the few positive things about the apocalypse was that there were always cars close enough and ready for use. She set off and had to push far enough to find what she was looking for.

She returned home just before the sun set and fortunately she had found more than she needed.

Well, now I just have to understand how all these things work.

She tried to understand the instructions as best as she could and the end result was quite good: she had fixed and secured the drip needle to Negan's arm and the liquid had begun to fall slowly.

Kat sat on the couch next to Negan and began to read. It's doesn't hurt for sure to learn something in the medical field these days. After reading carefully, she searched among the bottles she had brought home and found one that suited the situation: she took a syringe and added it to the drip.

I could have a career as a doctor, she thought, giggling.

After settling Negan, she went to her room and lay down in bed thinking about what her life would be like now: there were as many opportunities as doubts.

Maybe I should go and live in Alexandria and bring Negan with me, but maybe it wouldn't be a good idea. But I cannot even move from them and leave him here. I could send a message to the Saviors telling them that he is here and let them take care of him.
What if he wakes up tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?
Now I have to think about what to say to Rick as he expects an answer on Negan...

Kat still had too many questions and no answers and after thinking about how to behave, she turned in bed, closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

—————
Hello!
Are you enjoying the story? Let me know by commenting and a star 😘❤