The Council

Waking up to a ghost to a leotard singing and dancing 'single ladies' by Beyonce is weird on so many levels.

"Up in the club, just broke up, doing my own little thang.

Decided to dip, now you want trip cause another brother to notice me"

"Shut the hell up Jacob, I'm trying to sleep!"

He floats over my bed and does the hand-head part of the song.

"Whoa oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh o whao a o".

Head and hand moving in opposite directions he does the entire dance for the song, flipping me off at the end.

"I swear if you weren't already dead I'd kill you". I sit up in bed and swing my legs over the edge. I get up and head to the bathroom but before I get there he's in front of me again in M.C. hammer pants.

"Duh na na na , na na, na na can't touch this".

"You're a real ass this morning you know that." Stepping around him I head into the bathroom close the door behind me and complete my morning ritual.

Finishing up I step out and head to the closet to get dressed.

"What's got you so wound up?" Jacob asks floating over to me. "Normally we'd be booty poppin' together."

It's true I do love me some Beyonce.

"Those damn council members sent another messenger again". I say pulling on my jeans and shirt.

"Another freak?"

"Oh no, this one was hot with a capital H. You know how I am with sexy women."

"Yeah, I know". He says chuckling.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask with a fake pout.

"Come on Ice, you lose your shit when you see a hot girl. remember the last one?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

The last hot girl I hooked up with forgot to mention her boyfriend was a cop. He came home, caught us in the act, and tried to shoot me. I had to run out of there butt naked. The last thing they saw was my bare ass and snoopy laying on his roof. (Didn't want to use my powers in front of humans.)

"No, actually I don't remember". I lie.

He snorts. "Sure you don't".

"Anyway, I'm headed out for a bit." I strap on my weapons and pull on my boots.

"Where you headed Ice?" He followed me down to the garage.

"I'm going to find out what these council members want, they're starting to get on nerves sending all these people after me". I straddle my bike and started her up.

"See ya" I shout over the engine and he waves as I pull off.

"Be very very quiet. I'm hunting council members".

******************************************

I pull up to their 'secret' base about two hours later.

Pulling to the guard at the gate.

"Dealia here to see the assholes in charge" He raises his eyebrow at my tone and signals someone in the booth to open the gate.

I pull in, park, and shut off my bike. Swinging my legs off I walk towards the four-story building. The interior seems very old-world. Scones on the beige walls, low lighting, and sparse seating.

A man in a suit runs up to me with a clipboard in his hands. He has a large mustache and beard and glasses, white hair, and is a little shorter than me. All I could think was ( Colonel Sanders)

"The council will meet with you in an hour if you wouldn't mind having a seat a waiting". He says and I can tell that he is used to people doing as he says.

"Sorry Colonel". I say stepping around him." Got a hot date later no time to waste".

He sputters behind me as I make my to their chamber. ( I can feel the council's power so I can tell where they are).

Walking up to the chamber door there is a huge dog. I mean freaking huge, I barely came up to its chest.

" Whoa there Kujo. bad dog, shoo, shoo". I flick my hands at it and it slid a few feet to the left. I proceeded to the door and pushed it open.

The chamber looks like an old trial room from a long time ago, there is a long table at the front of the room which currently seats the members of the council (a leader from each race), and a stage for the one they're speaking with to stand I guess.

I walk up to the council table and remove the extra from the side, bring it back directly in front of their table, sit on it backward, and lean my forearms on the back and look at them.

They all have very different characteristics. The Dragon leader is a large man with red hair and green eyes and thick muscles. The Witch leader looks like a twenty-five-year-old girl with brown hair and sharp eyes. The Vamp leader is a slim man in a power suit with an air of superiority about him he has dark hair and blue eyes. The Fea leader has snow-white hair and green eyes. I can tell she's a queen from the power rolling off her. The Angel and Demon leaders are the complete opposites of each other. Where one is soft the other is hard, dark hair to light, light eyes to dark.

They're all staring at me as if I told them bigfoot is my cousin.

"What can I not do for you lovely ladies and gentlemen today?"