First Day

As soon as the welcome assembly was over everyone filed out the room. Amelia and I made it to the doors before we we're stopped by the same woman from earlier.

"Ms. Frost, the council would like to speak to you for a few minutes." She said and walked off not even bothering to wait for a response.

Turning around we walked back into the auditorium, the council we're still sitting in their seats on the stage when we walked up.

The woman bowed to them then moved over to the side. I rolled my eyes and faced them.

"Thank you for coming Ms. Frost." Queenie said with a smile then she looked over at Amelia and a genuine smile lit her face.

"It's good to see you again Amelia." She said and Amelia smiled and bowed slightly.

"So what's up?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Bow." A deep voice said.

We all turned our heads to look at Puppy who was busy glaring at me.

Everyone had tired expressions on their faces as they looked at him and I just smiled.

"Now why would I do a thing like that?" I asked with amusement in my voice.

"Because we are your ruling council and all must bow before their leaders." He said while growling at me.

I chuckled and looked at the others who were watching me with a wary expression.

"Anyway." I say dismissing Puppy.

"Yes?" I asked the council who seemed to be relieved that I haven't done anything.

"We just wanted to personally hand you these and to thank you again for doing this." Smokie spoke up and placed a small black book, a pair of black cuffs and two room keys on the table.

I picked up each item and handed one of the keys to Amelia.

"Is that it?" I asked them and they nodded their heads and the woman walked over to us again and we followed her out of the room.

We took a different elevator and went up to the 43rd floor. The hallway on this floor was different. It had thick black carpeting and ash grey walls, with pictures on the wall every so often.

We got to the door at the end of the hall and she pushed it open and led us inside. The front hall led to a large sunken sitting room with four large grey couches, a large flat screen tv took up an entire wall

the thick carpet continued on in here also. We walked pass the sitting room while passing other closed doors occasionally. At the end of the hall we came to the final door. She motioned me forward and I took out my key and slipped it into the lock and opened the door.

I moved to the side and Amelia went in first, I paused at the door as the woman handed me a few sheets of papers.

"Everything you need is on these." She said and left. I shook my head at her weirdness and went into the room.

Looking down at the papers I saw that they were our schedules and maps of the building and rules for the school.

Amelia and I had all the same classes except for two, so I was a pretty happy camper.

The room we we're in was very spacious, A king sized bed was over to one side of the room with a lilac comforter, the walls we're white and we had two large dressers on either side of the room, a bedside table and another large screen tv. A walk in closet for our clothes and our bathroom.

Amelia had already begun unpacking when I flopped down on the bed.

"What are those?" She asked motioning with her head to the papers in my hands.