Silver settings

Amelia was amazed with the inside of the building and I have to admit that I was suprised too. I guess things tend to change after four thousand years.

"This is amazing." She said and gasped at all the people going about their business in the building. High ceilings, grey furniture, wood flooring. It looked like a hotel.

"Yeah it's ok." I say trying not show how really impressed I am that things had changed so much.

She gave me a knowing look and I just rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, let's got get unpacked and get comfortable. I said and led us to the front desk.

It was really like a freaking hotel in here.

When we got to the person behind the desk we waited for her to acknowledge us. Nothing.

I looked over at Amelia with a raised eyebrow and she just shrugged her shoulders at me.

I turned back to the woman and tapped on the counter, she still ignored me.

"Excuse me miss?" I asked in a sweet voice. She looked up in disgust then looked back down at whatever it was she was doing. My eyes wide  and I looked at Amelia again. She was also suprised but she still took a step away from the desk.

"Excuse me miss?" I said again,this time my voice was cold. She looked up again with a sneer on her face. I reached over the desk and gripped the front of her uniform and pulled her to me.

Her eyes got huge but she finally was paying attention to me.

"I want the keys to my room and I want them now, the names D. Frost." I tell her quietly. She nods and I release her and she slams back into her seat.

She quickly waves her hand over the moniter,a 3D image of the entire building appeared around her, with both hands moving throughout the image she quickly locates our room and enlarges it.

"D-d Frost. Y-your on the Mizelle f-floor room n-number 326." She stutters out.

"Mizelle?" I ask her not understanding the word.

She nods her head looking even more frightened.

"Mizelle was the last champion in our kings games, she was a brave warrior from the second most powerful clan, Blaze. She was the first ever non Frost clan member to ever by granted the position of Kings guard. Sadly the last attempt on the kings life resulted in her early death, the king was so saddened by this that he actually built a monument of her in the main city. The are several things on the planet that are named after her including an entire floor in the Frost clan 'house'". She said shaking slightly.

To say that I'm suprised that the asshole could actually care about someone other than himself shocked me.

I'm still going to kill him though.

"Thanks." I tell her and hold out my hand  for the keys to the room.

Instead she handed me two wrist coms. They were small white bracelets that had small computers and scanners in them. They allowed us to open our room doors, communicate with each other through them, scan and charge anything we might need through it.

I had to scan her mind in order to figure out how to use these properly, I also found out that she was given specific instructions to give these set to me.

I took them from her and stuffed them in my pocket, took Amelia's hand and pulled her towards the lift.

"Thank you." I shot over my shoulder to the woman, she just stared at me like I was insane.

Like I said, this is a very primitive society, they might be advanced further technically but everything about this culture is old world.

Someone who has established that they are dominant to anyone who is weaker must submit. It is unheard of for someone stronger to be polite to someone weaker.

Turning back around we made it to the lift and I pulled out one of the wrist comps and scanned it over the lift doors which automatically opened.

As soon as we were inside and the doors closed, Amelia turned to me to speak. I quickly shook my head and motioned for her not to. The lift shot up through the air and Amelia gripped my hand tighter.

I smirked over at her and she gave me a small whack on the arm.

A few seconds after we got in, the lift stopped and the doors opened and an automated voice came on.

Mizelle floor.

I was expecting the voice to say something more profound, but I guess that was it.

We got off and made our way to our room. Before we went inside I pulled Amelia to a stop.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Hang on one minute babe while I do something real quick." I released her hand and placed our bags down.

I placed both hands out in front of me and a white mist began to seep out of my hands and into the room, scanning and protecting

It was scanning for anything hidden in the room and destroying it, while also setting up wards that will only allow Amelia and myself in and out of the room.

When it was done I pulled out the wrist comps out of my pocket and did almost the same thing to them, adapting them to only work for us and destroying anything dangerous. I learned that had we put these on without my tampering with them, they would have injected us with a slow acting poison. The poison wouldn't have killed me but Amelia wouldn't have been so lucky.

It seems as if someone isn't happy that I'm here.

I handed one bracelet to Amelia and strapped it on her wrist and then placed the other on me.

I scanned it on the door and it opened.

"After you my lady." I tell Amelia with a bow.

"Why thank you kind sir." She says giggling with a fake british accent.

The room is massive, the entryway opens up into an enormous sitting room with scattered seating, a large screen is mounted on the wall and a kitchen off to the left. The place is completly silver except for the flooring which is a pale grey, the bedroom is also sliver and grey with a king sized bed in the middle with grey sheets, the bathroom is also the same, large and silver.

I placed our bags down on the bed and turned to Amelia who was still taking in the room.

"I have a meeting with the asshole king in a little while, you can join me if you want." I tell her and she nods her head and turns towards me with a devious glint in her eye.

"What's going on?" I ask her and take a step back only to be stopped by the bed behind me.

"We're on a new planet, in a new room and we don't have to be anywhere right now." She says stepping in close to me.

I nod my head dumbly as she began to pull off her sweater. My mouth went dry as I noticed once again that she is not wearing a bra.

She places her hands on my shoulders and shoves me back and I tumble onto the bed. The she climbs up on top of me and straddles my waist.

"What do you say we 'christen' the planet." She says and leans down and kisses me.

Maybe I can wait a bit before I deal with the asshole.