Enclion

We rode back to the house after a while, our conversation having stopped after I told her about the queen deal.

Sinenty I was praying that Gwendolyn would be gone by the time we got back and all this would just go away.

No such luck.

There she was with all her proper glory sitting in my living room.

I gave a heavy sigh when she stood and started towards me.

"Amelia, meet Gwendolyn. Gwendolyn this is Amelia my girlfriend." I said waving back and forth between them.

Gwendolyn raised here perfectly eyebrow at the 'girlfriend' bit but said nothing.

"Pleasure." She said looking at Amelia with a blank face.

"Likewise." Amelia said then went to find Jacob.

When she was out of sight Gwendolyn got straight to business.

"Have you changed your mind about whay we discussed earlier." She asked with just a hint of eagerness in her vioce.

My eyes widened and I took a step away from her so I could look directly in her eyes. That was the first of any emotion I've ever heard from her sinve I was four. To tell you the truth it freaked the hell out of me.

Leaning back after my inspection, I regard her silently.

"Yes, I've thought about it and I've made a decision." I say and continue watching her closley.

"Well." She says getting impatient.

"I'll go...." 

"Great let's get a move on shall we." She says cutting me off.

"Whoa there." I stop her. "Hold your horses speedy, I have things that I have to deal with here first. I can't just go planet hopping with you." I tell her and watch as she frowns.

"What could be so important about this insignifcant planet that you continue to waste time here instead of returning to save your home?" She asks looking at me as if I'm crazy for liking earth.

"Seeing as I'm only going back to that place in order to keep this insignificant planet safe, I think you change your tone. Also, that place hasn't been my home since my father was killed, I could care less if everyone on that planet destroyed each other. Earth is my home, I have a great life here, I'm not going to give it up for Enclion." I tell her and make sure that she understands just how serious I am.

She looks at me for a long time then nods her head.

"Amelia will also be coming with me." At this her eyes widen.

"Are you insane, a creature like her would never survive on that planet, the weakest clan would use her for their punching bag. She wouldn't survive a day." She says looking a little fearful.

"She will survive and no one will dare use her as anything because I can guarantee you that I would kick their ass if they even so much as looked at her wrong. I will make sure that she is ready and keep her safe. But you shouldn't undereatimate her, she is plenty powerful on her own." She nods and begins to turn from me.

"Hold on I'm not done." I tell her and she turns back towards me eyebrows raised.

"I'm going back there for my own reasons, not to play political games, not part of your agenda. I've got things to take care of on my own, starting with that asshole king. I anyone gets in my way, I won't hesitate to kill them, I'm not there to bow down to anyone or follow any rules so don't expect me to. I'm going there to stop a war and if I have to destroy the whole planet to keep them from interupting my life here I will. I'm not the scared little girl who left. I'm the grown woman who will kick ass and won't bother to take names later." I finish.

She looks shocked. But then as usual slips back on her mask.

Damn woman would it kill you to show a little emotion.

She nods once again and walks off into the kitchen and I go and find Amelia and Jacob.

They're both in the living room watching t.v.

"Everything all right." Jacob asks while I take a seat next to Amelia.

"Yeah everythings good. Just having a friendly mother/daughter conversation." I reply.

"How did that work out for you?" Jacob asks.

"I think we came to an understanding." I tell him and close my eyes.