Artificial Intelligence

We pulled up to the first clan house, which just happened to be Rivers' clan. The Roux clan which are known for their agility.

I stopped the car directly in front of the building which looked similar to the Frosts' clans but much smaller.

Opening my car door I walk over to Amelia's side and helped her out. No one had come outside to greet us yet so either their security really sucks or they're expecting us.

"Wakey wakey eggs and bakey!" I shout and banged on the trunk.

There's a thud from inside and then a groan. Looks like River's awake.

I opened the back and there he is looking up at me with one eye. The other one has swollen shut from our time in the alley.

"Up an at em' River boy, time to see mommy and daddy." I say and haul him out. He lands on the ground with a loud thunk.

"Ready." I ask turning back to look at Amelia.

"Yeah, this should be fun." She smiles.

"You're a little masochist aren't you." I say and give her a smile.

She just gives me an innocent look and reaches for one of my free hands, interlocking our fingers.

Reaching down, I grab River by his ankle and we make our way up the steps to the door.

It opens for us and we walk through to find the place deserted. Suspicious.

"I guess they are expecting us." Amelia states.

We continue on inside and head towards the lift, we are heading towards the energy I feel inside the building, so we just head on up until I can feel what floor they are on. As soon as I feel it I push for the lift to stop by it continues up for two more floors.

"Stupid machine." I mutter and kick the door.

"Well excuse me miss attitude, maybe you should have pushed a button for a floor instead of guessing." An automated voice says.

"Did. Did it just talk back to me?" I ask Amelia, shocked.

"I think so." She says holding me tight. She's still afarid at how fast it moves.

"I'm not an it, lady. I'm an artificial intelligence." It says with sass.

"If you were so intelligent then you should have been able to stop on the floor I chose, instead you had to continue up two floors instead of one." I say smirking.

"How dare you! I should just drop you to the bottom floor you ungrateful worm!" It replies.

"Go right ahead......" I trail off as Amelia slaps me in the back of the head.

"What was that for?" I ask and drop River's leg to rub the sore spot.

"Baby stop antagonizing the machine  before we get dropped!" Amelia hisses looking absolutley terrified.

"Yeah 'baby' stop antagonizing me before you get hurt, listen to the pretty lady. It make a wierd sound.

I think it's laughing at me. Then I hear it say something that makes me mad.

"Whipped." It says, then made that laughing sound again.

"You wanna fight me?!" I shout looking up into the camera in the corner.

"No, I'm too smart for such barbaric actions." It says smugly.

"Dealia baby, please let's go. If you want to fight the machine please do it on your own time. When I'm not with you." Amelia pleads.