Home

After I had sped away from the house I called Amelia and asked her to meet me by the portal.

I pulled up ten minutes later and motioned for her to get on. She strapped the extra helmet on and got on behind me and held on.

"Where are we going." She whispered into my ear.

I didn't answer her, I just rode until we reached the beach. I parked the bike and she got off first and secured her helmet. I did the same then followed after her.

I held her hand as we walked down the beach, not really saying anything. This late at night the wind coming in from the sea was very strong and it was really cold, but the weather has never bothered me, so I took off my jacket and put it on Amelia, she snuggled down into it with a contended sigh

"Thank you." She said looking up at me.

"No problem." I smiled back down at her and pulled her closer.

We walked for another ten minutes in silence until she spoke.

"Are you going to tell me what's bothering you? or are we going to pretend nothings wrong." She said pulling me to a stop.

"You wouldn't understand." I tell her trying to get her to walk.

"Try me. Make me understand."

I looked down at her and searched her eyes, for what, I have no idea.

Knowing that this wouldn't be like any of the other times I could get her to back off and let it go. I give her a nod and her face softens into one of pure happiness. I lean in and give her a kiss just for being so wonderful.

After we broke the kiss her face was a little flushed and I smirked then urged her to continue walking with me.

"I had an unexpected visitor tonight." I start off.

"Who?" She asks.

"Someone from my past that I had hoped to never see again."

"Who?" She asks again, this time a little impatient.

I chuckle at her eagerness and kiss the top of her head.

"My mother." I sigh.

"Your mother? Why would you hope to never see your mother again?" She asks sounding confused as to why anyone would  be unhappy seeing their parent.

"Trust me, if you grew up with Gwendolyn you would have been glad to get away from her too."

She looks at me as if she doesn't believe me.

"Anyway, as I was saying, she showed up today wanting me to return home." I tell her and feel her stiffen.

"Are you leaving? Can she force you to go back with her?" She rushes out.

"No babe, don't worry. No one can force me to do anything or go anywhere I don't want to go." I tell here truthfully.

"Where are you from anyway?" She asks. "As many times as I've asked you, you've never told me."

I look down at the sand as we continue walking.She is right, I have never contributed anything about myself and she doesn't push me.

"My people have been alive for billions of years." I start and she looks at me with shock all over her face. Everytime she has asked I have either deflected the question or refused to answer her.

"Maybe even longer than that. I am not from this world, my home is located at the back of this solar system. Far away enough that the humans would never find, but close enough for us to find them."

She says nothing to the fact that I just told her that I am an alien.

"It's a world we call Enclion. The enclion like to think of themselves as a god like race, but their just a bunch if assholes with to much power and time on their hands."

She smirked up at me. I chose to ignore that she was saying I was anything like them.

"They are divided into clans, who are ranked by how powerful they are. The clan who are the most powerful rule over the weaker clans, they basically make them their slaves. The last time I was there, there was over one hundred clans, I'm not sure if that number has increased or decreased over the years.

There are constant battles for dominace among the clans, but one clan always rule over all the others. They decide how the planet is governed and the rules. The strongest person in the clan is named king or queen and rules all. It's a very barbaric civilization with power hungry fools."

We reached the end of the beach and turned around to make the journey back.

"I knew from a young age that I wanted nothing to do with their dominance games and neither did my father."

I paused at the memory of him and gave a sad smile.

"We were of the Frost clan, the most powerful clan on Enclion, everyone knew my father was to be the next king, his power just radiated off him. My uncle, my fathers younger brother wanted the throne and would do anything to get it, so he had me kidnapped and when my father came to rescue me he held a blade to my throat and told my father not to fight or he would slit my throat. I watched as they beheaded my father right in front of me. They threw me out a few days later after beating and starving me and told me to bury my fathers body. I ran home to find my mother and told her what had happened and all she was concerned with was that she wouldn't have her queen status anymore. Later that year my uncle was crowned the new king because there was no one strong enough to challenge him."

We were almost back to the bike now so I pulled her to a stop.

"I left a year after that and came here, I watched as humans evolved into what they are today and blended in. Made a life for myself and tried to stay happy.

Gwendolyn told me that a war is going to happen on Enclion, one that spill over into this world and if that happens everything here may be destroyed. I hate the thought of even having to set foot on that world again, but I know that if I don't go everything I have here will be gone. But there is also another reason Gwendolyn came to get me and I'm so reluctant to go."

"If there is a way to stop this from happening and keep both worlds safe,I think you should go." She says.

"You sound exactly like Jacob." I chuckle.

"If you went, I wouldn't let you go alone. I'd follow you anywhere." She says seriously.

I'm speechless, I didn't know that she felt this strongly about us. I lean over and give her a deep kiss. When we pull away I rest my head on hers.

"Thank you." I tell her and she hugs me.

"Remember how I told you my father was to be the next king before he was killed?"  She nods her head yes.

"I was his only child and I remember how powerful he was, I have more power than him." I tell her and let that sink in.

"That means....." She trails off and looks up at me wide eyed.

"If I were to return, I would be queen."