Challenge

My eyes were flickering between the two of them as they just stared at each other. I looked over at Amelia and she had a smile on her face.

The crowd around us had heard when Crystal had spoken and they were also quiet and watching the scene before them. The boy took a step closer to us and I frowned, there was something about him that I just could't put my finger on.

People were starting to laugh and snicker

"She's so going to get rejected."

"Who'd want to be with a freak like her."

I looked over my shoulder at them and flicked my hand and they went flying away. I looked at eveyone else and met each of their eyes

"Anyone else have something to say?" I asked and no one said anything so I turned back to the approaching boy. When he was in touching distance of her he stopped and I tilted my head as I studied him. There was just something I couldn't put my hands on.

"So." Was all he said to Crystal who had her head bowed and was shaking.

"Rejection?" He asked in a voice that was really light for a boy and I growled and was about to choke the life out of him when Amelia held me back. Crystal didn't answer him, she just kept he head down as tears ran down her cheeks.

They stayed like that for a while until the boy spoke again.

"Can you please hurry up and reject me so I can leave." He whispered sounding broken.

At that Crystal's head shot up and my brows furrowed.

"Why would I reject you." Crystal whispered and the boy's brow pulled down.

"Why would someone as beautiful as you want to be with someone like me, I'm a rogue and considered an outcast by everyone, my own parents didn't even want me, so why would I expect someone as perfect as you to accept me when I have nothing to give you." He asked as tears started to run down his cheeks.

Crystal reached up a trembling hand and touched his cheek and he sighed as if that one touch was the best thing in the world.

"I won't reject you, I thought you wanted to reject me." Crystal whispered and he let out a growl.

"Mine!" he growled and pulled her into him.

"I would never reject you." He whispered feverently into her ear and she nodded her head and he pulled back and looked down at her before leaning in to kiss her.

"Whoa." I said when the two of them started to get a little too hot. The pulled back and Crystal buried her face in his neck.

"What's your name?" He asked her and I snorted and Amelia whacked me lightly on my arm.

"Crystal." She whispered.

"Such a beautiful name for one as beautiful as you." He said and I silently applauded him as Crystal blushed again.

"Yours?" Crystal asked.

"Phoebe." He said and I froze and felt Amelia freeze next to me but Crystal was all smiles as she lent in to kiss him.

I'll admit that it took my brain a few seconds to catch up but when it did everything made sense.

"You're a girl!" I shouted as I jumped up and pointed at him, I mean her.

"Yeah?" She said and looked at me as if I was an idiot. I looked around and noticed that nearly everyone else were also looking at me like that.

"Nothing, carry on." I said and sat down next to a chuckling Amelia.

"You didn't know either." I grumbled and she continued to laugh at me.

I turned back to the new couple and saw Phoebe about to lead Crystal them away from us.

"Bring her back in one piece or I'll be all over your ass." I told Phoebe and she growled at me before nodding her head before leading them over to an empty log.

I turned to Amelia and pulled her into my lap before wrapping my arms around her waist and biting the side of her neck. She giggled and squirmed and I pulled her closer until someone cleared their throats.

I raised my head and saw that the crowd was still around us and I had forgotten all about them. They were currently staring at us as the one who cleared their throat spoke up.

"As I saying earlier, would you do me  the honor of accompanying me....."

"Dude didn't she just tell you no. Get over it and move on. Amelia's is mine and I'll kill you before you touch her." I told him and he glared at me.

"She is fae and should be with a fea, not whatever it is that you are." He growled and I raised my eyebrow at his tone.

"And that Fae should be you?" I asked and he puffed out his chest.

"Of course, I'm of royal blood and am next in training for a seat on the council." He said and I snorted.

"Ok, run along before I hurt you." I said and burried my face back in Amelia's neck who had been really quiet during the whole thing but had a constant smile on he face. I bit her neck and she groaned and leaned back into me and I bit her again.

"I challenge you!" The boy said and I raised my head again.

"You're still here?" I asked and his face got red as people laughed.

"I challenge you, you filthy mongrel, for her hand." He said and took a coin out of his pocket and threw in on the ground in front of Amelia and me.

"You want to fight me?" I asked and he nodded his head and grinned.

"You need to learn your place." He said and I also smiled.

"Challenge accepted." I said and he smirked.

"Get ready to bow down to your betters." The boy said and walked away.

Crystal and Phoebe came back over to us and I noticed how swollen both of their lips were and I smirked at them.

"Had fun talking?" I asked and they both blushed.

"What's going on?" Crystal asked when she had gotten over her embarrasment.

"My wonderful girlfriend just accepted a challenge from a royal for my hand in marriage." Amelia said and I smiled and then frowned and looked at her.

"Marriage?!?!" My voice squeeked and she nodded and smiled.