A plot twist in the story of my life.

A/N: Pretty long chapter with lotssss of drama, be ready 😝

And p.s. this was the plan all along, no spur of the moment writing in my books lol

I walked into school for the first time in two weeks. I looked straight ahead as I walked past the rows of lockers and the curious faces of my classmates. I didn't care to have sympathy and I wasn't in the mood to answer questions. My baby was gone, that's all there was to it. I reached my locker and slowly began putting unneeded books in it. I felt someone come up behind me and run their fingers through my hair and I knew it was either Monty or Jessica. We had made up a few days prior and she didn't understand why I was so apologetic, she said she understood why I was pushing her away and feeling the way that I was. I turned around and Jess was standing there with a small smile on her face. I returned it and pulled her in for a hug, happy to have my best friend back. "How are you feeling today?" She asked me after we pulled apart. "I'm alright, just ready for the day to be over with before it's even began." I mumbled which earned a small chuckle from her. "What about you? How are you feeling today? Any morning sickness?" I asked. I could tell the question surprised her considering we had stayed away from the topic of pregnancy ever since we made up. "I had a little bit this morning but I feel fine now. It should be gone soon though, right?" She asked as we began walking down the hall. I nodded my head at her in response and she let the conversation die out there, catching on that I didn't want to talk about it anymore. Monty had morning baseball practice so I didn't expect to see him before class but as we were walking through the courtyard, I saw him, Emma, and Praters in what appeared to be a serious conversation. I nudged Jessica's arm and pointed in their direction. She gave me a confused look before heading over there quickly. I called her name out several times but she didn't respond. Protective Jess was in action and clearly she felt like something wasn't right. I eventually took off after her but not in enough time. "What's this all about?" I heard her ask Monty with a tone while gesturing to the three of them. "None of your business, Jessica." I heard him snap back as soon as I reached them. The three of them looked at me awkwardly while Jessica continued looking pissed. I felt uncomfortable at first but now I was on board with Jess, something wasn't right. "So, what are y'all three little gossiping hens talking about?" I asked with the same tone Jessica had used. I could see her smile at me out of the corner of my eye, proud that I was becoming myself again and gaining back some of my spunk. All three of them stayed silent. Monty began scratching the back of his neck and Emma and Praters were both shifting on their feet. I looked down at Emma's buldging bump, ready to pop at any time, and felt the tears well up in my eyes. I quickly blinked them away and spoke up again. "Well?" I asked, giving them all a nasty look. "Jessica, maybe you should give us some privacy..." "She's welcome to hear whatever you need to tell me." I interrupted Emma before she could finish. "Baby, come talk to me in private, please." Monty said while reaching for my hand. That was very unlike him and I felt the nervous knots begin to form in my belly. "I'm gonna let you two talk alone, Mar. Let me know if you need me." Jessica said in a confused tone before gently rubbing my shoulder and walking off. Monty, Emma, and Praters all looked at each other for a second before Montgomery nodded his head. "I'll see you at lunch." Emma quietly said to him before walking off. Praters gave me a sympathetic look before walking off in the opposite direction of Emma. I turned my attention back to Monty and gave him a questioning look. He took a step forward and grabbed both of my hands before taking a deep breath. "Mon, what the hell is going on?" I said while staring him directly in the eyes. "Emma talked to her doctor about the whole paternity situation of her baby and according to the doctor, it can still be a toss up on who's the dad." I chucked at his words and he gave me a confused look. "Monty, you didn't even finish from sex. Praters did. His condom broke, remember?" I asked gently. "I know and she told the doctor that but apparently a girl can get pregnant from precum, especially since she was at her most fertile time. I might've very well gotten her pregnant before Praters fucked her. She showed me all of the paperwork from the doctor to prove she's not lying. We're going to do a DNA test after lunch. It can be dangerous for the baby but she wants to go ahead and do it now so that she knows before he's born since it could be anytime now." His words hit me like a ton of knives in my gut. Just when I thought this was over with, it was coming back to haunt me. Now was an even worse time than before considering I had just lost my own baby. I pulled away from him and crossed my arms over my chest out of insecurity. He tried to take a step towards me but I backed away. "What are you saying, Montgomery?" I asked after a moment of awkward silence. "I'm saying that I might be having another baby. Emma's little boy very well might be my son." I nodded my head in response and turned to walk off. I could hear him calling my name and his pleas to finish talking to him but I ignored it. There was nothing to talk about. My worst nightmare that I thought I had woken up from, was back and worse than ever. I was worried that this time, I wasn't going to get to wake up.