I finally have peace.

A/N: I'm doing a large time jump here! I'll do some flashback chapters to go into detail about what was missed in the past years. This does NOT mean this story is coming to an end soon and it also does NOT mean that I won't be doing an epilogue. An epilogue would be 15+ years into the future from where we originally started out so that's still totally possible 🙂

Four years later...

I stood looking over the balcony of the hotel, feeling the warm beach breeze hitting my skin. Since it's the summer now, the kids' and I are able to travel with Monty for his last few games of the season because they're out of school. His last college games ever. He has several offers from major league teams and so does Jeff, but they're both being skeptical and taking time to think about it. We're in Florida and even though we're used to beaches, the one we're at here is kind of different to us. Everyone came for the week. Marissa, Jessica, and Justin. Of course all of the kids' came too and Montgomery and Jeff are here to play. I was happy that we ended up in Florida because unbeknownst to everyone else, I know that that's where Emma is. She's actually even in the same town as us. She blocked all of us from everything but I ended up doing some detective work not too long ago and found out where she is. She did go home for awhile but then she ended up here. I couldn't find who she hangs out with but after some extensive reasearch, I found out that she works at a strip club not too far from our hotel. I highly doubt that she's a stripper though, probably a shooter girl or works at the bar. I don't know why I did all of that research to figure out where she is and I don't know why I'm thinking about finding her but I can't help myself. I don't want her to come back but I want to know why she left. What we all did wrong. How she ended up here. If she ever thinks about us but more specifically Dallas. Dallas is mine just as much as Savannah and Brooklyn are and I'll never allow her to take my son from me or to even come back into his life confusing him but I just want to know if she misses him. I also want to hurt her and let her know how much she's missed. I want her to know how amazing my son is and be forced to give all the credit as his mother to me. He doesn't even remember her, he doesn't know that she exists. He thinks that I'm his biological mom just like Savannah and Brooklyn and I don't plan on telling him otherwise, at least until he's much older. He's actually a big momma's boy surpringly and I want her to have to know that and have it eat away at her. I'm lucky that he's a momma's boy because both Savannah and Brooklyn, especially Savannah, are huge daddy's girls'. Brooklyn is actually extremely fond of my sister too. They all are but she's an aunties girl just as much as she's a daddy's girl. I was snapped out of my thoughts whenever I heard the sliding glass door open so I turned around to see who it was. "Morning, beautiful." Monty mumbled in his sleepy voice before walking towards me and connecting our lips. "What are you doing up so early?" He asked after a second and I shrugged my shoulders. "Just couldn't sleep I guess." I responded, not going into detail because I didn't want him to know the reason why I can't sleep. "Probably because you're not used to that hotel bed. Ours is so much softer." He chuckled before wrapping his arms around me from behind and pressing my front against the balcony rails. "Yeah, probably." I lied, feeling a little guilty. I hate lying to him and keeping things from him but I know that he'll be livid if he finds out I'm even partially thinking about her. Emma is like a cuss word in our house and our family/friend group. We don't speak of her, almost as if she never even existed to any of us. Jessica and Marissa literally say that she was just our surrogate for Dallas. Even though I have so much anger towards her, I still can't help but to hope that she's okay sometimes too. I find myself wondering if she's doing okay financially, if she's in a good relationship, if she has good friends, maybe even ended up having another kid that she actually stayed a mom to. I could feel Monty's morning wood pressing against my butt and I couldn't help but to chuckle despite the guilt I was feeling. "Hmmm?" Monty asked curious and I laughed. "I can feel you on my ass, Mon." I chuckled and he did the same before mumbling a "sorry". A second later he pressed his lips against my neck and began to lightly suck. "I know a way that we can start the morning off real good." He whispered seductively and I turned around in his arms. As soon as I leaned in to connect our lips, the sliding glass door caught my attention. "Mommy, daddy, I'm hungry." Dallas groaned in his little 5 year old voice while wiping his tired eyes. "Me too." Savannah added as she walked out behind him, wiping her eyes as well. "I wanna eat." Brooklyn whined, wobbling out of the doors after her older siblings. Montgomery and I looked at each other and laughed before turning to our kids'. "Alright babies, let's go." I said before pulling out of Monty's grasp and guiding the kids' back inside. "I'm not a baby, mommy. I'm a big kid." Savannah said as she sat down at the table with her brother and sister. "I know that but you'll always be my baby." I smiled at her and she returned it. "I guess I don't get to start off my morning the way I hoped." Montgomery pouted while getting next to me to help me with breakfast. "Yeah well, maybe you should've learned how to pull out, big boy." I joked and he sarcastically laughed before lightly smacking my arm. As soon as breakfast was done and we sat down to eat, Monty started causal conversation. "So what are your plans today, baby?" "Oh, probably nothing." I immediately lied, knowing that there was no way that I could tell him. He believed me and nodded his head before talking to our kids', asking them how they slept. Marissa was going to spend time with all of her nieces and nephew today while I went somewhere secret. Jessica was going with me so Marissa was going to keep Grace too. Justin was planning on sleeping all day and Monty and Jeff would be at practice until the game later on tonight. There was no way for me to get caught until I choose to tell everyone. As I glanced over at Dallas while eating, I knew that I was making the right choice. He may not know what she did to him but I do. And even if it's just through words, I'm going to hurt her just like she hurt my little boy.