Redeemed

We walked for hours towards their base, the men eventually made us walk the rest of the way with their guns pointed right at our backs to ensure we wouldn't try to escape. We eventually reached their base, a large hand built settlement that was set up around the remains of an old UGNR embassy that was in complete ruins.
"Welcome back sir." A guard said seeing their leader and instantly let him in. We were right behind him before he then turned around towards us.
"So tell me." He said as his men readied their guns to probably execute us. "Why come to Imperium?"
Arc instantly decided to answer.
"We were hired to kill the Scattered here."
"What are you doing?!" I yelled.
"Gaining his trust." She replied.
Their leader looked at us for a moment before smirking with delight.
"Release them." He ordered as the guards untied us before returning our weapons. "If you truly are fighting the Scattered head on, you'll need our help." He explained.
"Help if we knew who was helping." I said.
"Sorry, I'm Grady Price, Leader of the Redeemed." He replied.
"Redeemed?" Arc asked.
"Follow me." Price said. "I'll explain on the way."
We decided to follow him despite being clueless about who these people were and what they hoped to gain on a planet that was burned down years ago. "The Redeemed are a group of armed survivors to the Scattered's multiple attacks here on Imperium." Price explained. "We've managed to contact multiple survivor groups on nearby colonies to our cause, but we've never had a means of gathering them. But now we have our opportunity to gather our people and fight back."
"How exactly do you plan to fight the Scattered and every other faction in the known universe?" I asked with concern.
"With two experienced mercenaries on our side we can easily take on the Scattered." He replied. "Maybe even destroy them if we're lucky. So will you help us?"
Me and Arc had no idea how to answer and knew we needed to think about it.
"We need time to think." Arc replied.
"I understand." Price said smiling towards us. "Take your time, until then, you may stay with us as long as you wish."
"Thank you." Arc said as we went to an empty tent to discuss our decision on Prices offer.
"So, what now?" I asked confused.
"I don't know." Arc replied. "But his offer could help everyone."
"How exactly?" I asked with concern.
"If we help lead their cause, we could actually push off the Scattered. Perhaps it might push the other factions to unite." Arc said.
"So we help them." I explained disagreeing to the decision on the inside.
"What about your 'I don't work with government' complex." Arc pointed out.
"There not actually a government just yet. That, and I want to help them off this rock." I replied.
"Okay then, let's tell Price" Arc said as we then went to try and find Price, we looked around the settlement and had no luck before we asked a guard where he was.
"Excuse me, have you seen Price anywhere?" Arc asked.
"You mean the boss." The guard replied. "He went on a private mission out in the Crimson Ruins."
"You know when he'll be back?" Arc asked with concern.
"Not really." He replied as the guards comlink started going off.
"Base. Boss to base come in. Requesting backup." Price radioed in. "Send heavy firepower."
The guard immediately jumped and rushed to get help, me and Arc followed him to a garage with several troops and an armed tank ready to head out and kick somebody's butt.
"Boss needs reinforcements out there." The guard explained as he caught his breath.
"We know, Omega team let's go." The squad leader ordered as we went to meet him.
"Mind if we come." I asked.
"More guns, the better the fight. Names Rowan." He said as we got on the tank and rode with them to Price's location.

We eventually reached his location. An abandoned shipyard loaded with old, decommissioned UGNR war bombers where he was surrounded by dozens of Scattered Grunts and Void Warriors.
"Gunner, light them up!" Rowan ordered.
"Roger." Gunner replied as he opened fire on the Scattered forces clearing them out with ease as the tank pulled up next to Price.
"Nice work, Rowan." Price said.
"No problem." Rowan said. "Brought some backup too." We then came out of the tank with Rowan and Omega squad.
"I see you made a decision." Price said smiling at us again.
"We've decided to help." Arc said.
"For the time being." I added.
"Welcome to the Redeemed." He said initiating us. "More hostiles! Incoming!" Gunner yelled as we saw hordes of Scattered forces coming towards us.
"Hold position and prepare to attack!" Price yelled. "Omega 2 and 3 man the tank. Mercs and Omega 4 with me and the boss!" Rowan ordered as we took cover and prepared to attack the Scattered head on...