Coming Battle

I returned to the cockpit to see we arrived over Hynita, seeing the Alliance’s newly assembled fleet. “Looks like Ironwood was busy.” Saki said amused. “So, where's Seeker?”
“He had something to take care of.” I replied seeing the Abnormal take off and enter warp speed.
“You let him leave alone!?” Saki yelled.
“He had his own battle, we have ours.” I replied.
“I suppose your right.” Saki said.
“Let's go meet up with the fleet.” Sauna said landing the Destiny within the occupied shipyard.
Hanes met us as we landed.
“Good to see you guys made it.” She said. “Ironwood has everyone gathered in the main control room.”
“Let's not keep them waiting.” I said following Hanes to the shipyards control room.

We eventually arrived seeing everyone waiting to hear Ironwood’s plan to attack Aurora, he eventually appeared in the center of the room.
“Listen up!” Ironwood yelled. “The New Human Regime has recently gained control of Rapture, an ancient weapon that can reshape our entire universe in an instant, we need to stop Verdi before he uses the weapon on us, who's with me?”
Everyone raised their weapons in agreement with Ironwood, we were ready for this.
“Then pay attention, the attack will consist of three groups that will execute different phases of the battle.” Ironwood explained. “Team One will be led by Norway onboard the Destiny 1, he will be leading several of our carriers in to distract the Exodus long enough for his crew to disable the planetary shields. Once he's finished, Captain Hanes will lead Team Two using our new flagship and a fleet of our best corvettes, and fighters to destroy any remaining destroyers over Aurora. Once Hanes has cleared the NHR warship's, Team Three will arrive to deploy our ground forces onto the surface and take their main base and the weapon. If this works, we will have finally returned peace to the entire universe and humanity can once again prosper.”
“Let's do this!"
"For the Alliance!”
Everyone yelled out before leaving to board their ships and prepare to embark for Aurora.

I met up with Ironwood shortly after the meeting.
“Ironwood, you wanted me?” I asked, concerned.
“Yes, I was hoping to ask you something personal.” Ironwood asked.
“Ask away, I guess.” I said confused.
“I know in the past you weren't enthusiastic about taking military-based jobs, but I'm willing to ask this.” Ironwood explained. “I was hoping that you would help us turn the Alliance into a real peacekeeping group and become its new Head Admiral, a position I made exclusively for you. What do you say, willing to lead a fleet one more time?”
I thought about his offer, but I already had my answer. This time, for a very good reason.
“You know I've been a mercenary for ten years, and I honestly feel more free than ever before, and with Sauna having a baby.” I replied. “I'm afraid I have to decline your offer.”
“I understand, I don't want you to pressure you, but I do want to provide payment when it's over.” Ironwood said smiling.
“Thank you for the offer though.” I said. “Let's get this war over with.”
“Let's. But I’m afraid I won’t see it happen.” Ironwood said.
“How come?” I was confused.
“You see. Without a proper connection to any viable source, my programming can no longer stay active. I’m dying.” He replied.
“But, what about the Alliance, the New Brotherhood?” I asked.
“Hanes is now its leader, but I can’t stay alive forever. Goodbye Norway.” Ironwood said disappearing before I could say something.
“So long, old man.” I said as I went to get the Destiny 1 into position.
Our final battle had begun…