54-2823

Me and Deathseeker were sparring in my room the entire trip to the unknown planet, he was trying to make me more powerful with my energyblade before we arrived. I eventually knocked his energyblade away after fighting him for hours.
"Impressive, but can you land a hit on me?" Deathseeker asked.
"Probably, just gotta find out." I replied charging at him.
He dodged my attacks quickly before he ran to grab his weapon.
"A little sloppy there, will try again." He said pointing his energyblade at me.
"Ugh, this is ridiculous. I'm sparring a superhuman right now." I said annoyed. "Think you can go easy on me?"
"The enemy usually goes all out, you're lucky I'm not using my power." Deathseeker replied, smirking. "Okay, I get it." I said. "Let's do this one more time." Deathseeker smirked before charging at me. I blocked his attack before fighting back against him, he easily dodged my attacks before I knocked his sword away into my other hand.
"Well then, this is interesting." Deathseeker said, impressed. "But can you still land a hit."
I attacked him with both my energyblade and his, he still dodged my attacks until he had to block his sword with his armored arm.
"Not bad, but still doesn't..." Deathseeker said before I poked his chest using my sword.
I smirked at him before he smirked back.
"Now I'm really impressed." Deathseeker said. "That wasn't a bad strategy."
"Same for that arm of yours." I said. "We better check if we arrived."
We eventually left the room and headed for the cockpit.

December 10th, 2860. I deactivated warp speed and saw the planet, it was completely destroyed, only bits of the planet remained.
"I don't believe it." Saki said, shocked.
"So this is the UGNR's secret world, what a mess." Deathseeker said unamused.
"Still, it doesn't add up, let's get to work." I said headed towards the planet's largest chunk of surface. As I landed, I saw a massive Scattered super destroyer above the ruined planet, it was almost the size of Earth's moon.
"That's gonna be hard to destroy." Sauna said seeing it.
"Will handle it later, we have to hurry before they see us." I explained.
We exited the ship onto the planet's remaining surface, luckily there was still oxygen.
"The map is pointing us that way." Saki said leading the way. "Lets go."
We followed Saki to the map's final destination and followed her till we reached the remains of a UGNR research site.
"This is disturbing." Sauna said, seeing the site.
"I got to find out what's going on. Rest of you find whatever the map is leading to." I said entering the remaining research hut.
I looked to see nothing but abandoned research logs. "Wonder why they came here?" Sauna asked confused.
"One thing's for sure, it wasn't for settling a new colony." I said looking through the research logs.
I found nothing but environmental data until I saw the most shocking thing.
"No. This can't be." I said looking at what I saw. "What's wrong?" Sauna asked, concerned.
I let her see, she became shocked as well.
"Oh god...they..."
Sauna remained shocked by my discovery as I decided to read some of it.
"Research Operation: Day 745: Our research on 54-2823 has reached new heights. Primarch Invicta has ordered us to further examine the construct our team found. We are to see its uses when powered, along with finding ways to exploit it for military action. Our head researcher called our mission, Operation: New Order, and has gotten word from command. We are to continue our research until given further orders."
I decided to read the final log recorded to find out what happened.
"Operation: New Order: Day 6140: Our research has made a fatal mistake. Hundreds of our men died during an attempt to get a material sample of the construct. Only five of us remain, and a parasite has appeared hunting the survivors. We screwed up, to whoever finds this. Stop this madne..."
I then realized the UGNR was a lie, they awoken the Scattered ten years ago, all in some attempt to create an immortal empire. I eventually started crying knowing I was betrayed by everything I lived for.
"Why...Why would they do this!" I yelled, throwing the data log against the wall, destroying it in one go. "What have I done..."
Sauna eventually hugged me hoping to calm me down.
"Norway, this isn't your fault." She said.
"But I didn't stop them. Everything my past was is a lie. I was nothing but another loyal pawn in their game." I said, unsure what to do.
My past as a soldier in the UGNR was nothing more than a fraud. In the end, I would have ended up causing this war years ago.
"It's my fault this war has happened."
"No it's not!" She yelled. "You're who you are now because of what has happened. This isn't your fault, it's Invicta's, Verdi's, and all who formed the New Human Regime."
"Your right." I said, coming to my senses. "I'll bring an end to this war, count on it!"
"They've already paid for their mistake, Verdi will be next." Sauna replied.
"Yeah. Thanks, Sauna." I said before kissing her.
We held it a bit before getting back on track.
"Lets go get that weapon." Sauna said.
"Before Verdi even finds this place." I said.
We left the research hut to see Beta was waiting for us.
"Sir, we found the weapon, let's go." Beta explained leading us to it.

We eventually arrived in a massive cave, inside was dozens of broken drilling equipment and in the caves center was the weapon, Rapture.
"So this is the weapon everyone wants." I said. "Indeed, but I'm surprised the Scattered haven't used it yet." Isia said, confused.
Saki suddenly became shocked.
"Norway, everything we know about the Scattered isn't true at all! They're not trying to get the weapon, there trying to prevent anyone from using it."
"By killing everyone, that's helpful." Deathseeker said unamused.
"Think about it. Their biggest warship is overhead of us, destroying colonies known to have relics or a connection to them. We're stopping what is an act of self-defense." Saki explained further.
"The UGNR did awaken the Scattered. All they wanted was those responsible dead." I said as everything suddenly clicked together.
Saki was right.
"Then that means they want to destroy Rapture right?" Isia asked.
"Not exactly I'm afraid." Arc replied.
"They believe Rapture is important, and like Deathseeker said. There a collective hive mind of sorts, linked to Rapture considering things.
"Meaning they'll protect it with everything they have." I explained.
"Wait, doesn't that mean." Isia said looking up.
I eventually realized we literally poked the hornet's nest, dozens of Scattered pods landed outside the caves, releasing thousands of Scattered forces charging directly towards us.
"So much for walking away quickly." Deathseeker said.
Everyone instantly readied their weapons.
"What the plan, Norway?" Sauna asked.
"Don't let anything reach Rapture." I said opening fire on the Scattered armies.
Everyone instantly did the same as the area erupted into a storm of gunfire.
The battle to claim Rapture had just begun, and it was long from over...