The Greater Enemy

I was eventually pushed into Eliot's office, the elites locked the door before I tried to escape, I couldn't do anything and decided to sit down in one of the chairs and wait for Eliot, he eventually came in and sat at a desk in front of me.

"You thirsty?" Eliot said, grabbing a bottle of vodka from under his desk, I turned it down. "Now, I know Verdi will probably hate me for this, but I want to give you a choice."

"A choice?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, a choice." Eliot explained. "Look Daniel, the NHR is on the verge of becoming unstoppable, with the Anubis armed with ancient Scattered relics, the Exodus about to be given a weapon able to fight against them, along with new soldiers and weapons. Well, I shouldn't spoil anything yet. I want to offer you a chance to join us, join a cause that could end the wars for the universe forever. What do you say, old friend?

I punched the desk annoyed. "I made my decision ten years ago! I will never join you!"

Eliot sighed and got up. "Guess diplomacy is off the table." He said before kicking my chest.

I collapsed onto the floor in pain before his elites entered the room. "Lock him up. Looks like you chose death."

The elites then grabbed me and took me to the destroyer's detention block, as we arrived, a NHR robot stopped us on the way, it was Beta.

"Pardon sirs, this area is experiencing difficulties." Beta explained. "I'll take him from here."

The elites just pushed Beta aside and moved along.

"I warned you." Beta said before a flashbang blinded me and the elites.

I eventually heard gunshots take out the elites, Beta got me up as the effects wore off. "You alright, sir?" Beta asked.

"Good, let's find a place to hide." I replied.

Just as I said that, the elites got up and pinned me and Beta on the floor before throwing us into a prison cell ahead of them.

"Sorry about that, sir." Beta apologized as he got up.

"It's okay, you didn't know." I replied after I got up as well. "All we can do is wait now and hope something happens."

February 2nd, 2860. We waited in the cell for a few days before Eliot and his elites opened the cell.

"I hope everything was comfortable." Eliot said seeing me alive.

I got up annoyed by him. "So, where's Verdi?"

"He's waiting aboard a transport in the hangar, my elites will escort you to him." Eliot replied, his elites then got behind me.

I looked at Beta and saw him deactivated, he must have run out of power. The elites then led me onto a transport landed in the hangar, Verdi was waiting inside.

"Well, look who finally gets to see me again." Verdi greeted me, the elites left me there and left before the transport took off.

"So, no cuffs, no guards, what's the big deal?" I asked, confused.

"I wanted to show you my plans have come together at last before I kill you." Verdi replied. "Activate the shield."

The transport then flew near the Exodus as it began emitting a massive shield around the barren Aurora, attracting a Scattered fleet nearby instantly began heading towards us and fired at the Exodus, but the scattered weapons did nothing.

"Now watch." Verdi told me, the Anubis then appeared from behind the Exodus and instantly destroyed the Scattered fleet with a flurry of lightning as more NHR carriers, corvettes, and destroyers began to appear one by one afterwards.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled.

"You see Norway, I have begun to rebuild the UGNR, only stronger, bigger, and more powerful than any faction or alliance created in the past centuries since Earth collapsed, and you turned it down." Verdi explained drawing an M1911 from his pocket. "Now you won't see the universe be free. Goodbye, old friend."

Just as he pulled the trigger, a small fighter stunned the transport, causing it to shutdown.

"What!" Verdi yelled.

I then looked and saw Beta piloting it, he must have tricked them and escaped. I rushed to the transport's second airlock and shot myself out into space towards Beta, he opened the fighters cockpit and I took control, instantly flying away from the massive NHR fleets assembled above Aurora.

February 3rd, 2860. I eventually began looking for the Destiny 1, only to be stopped by another fleet of small makeshift cruisers being led by a repainted NHR corvette, I remembered it and instantly contacted the vessel before it fired at us.

"Sentinel, stand down, it's me." I relayed.

A familiar voice then responded.

"Norway, is that you?" Arc asked, replying to me.

"Yeah, could use some help." I replied.

"Get onboard, we got you." Arc said.

I then piloted into the corvettes hangar, once me and Beta got off the fighter, Price, Arc, and Z3TA met us.

"Good to see you again, Norway." Price greeted. "Nice bot by the way."

"Same to you, sir." Beta replied seeing Z3TA.

"So, what's the issue?" Arc asked.

"It's a long and unbelievable story." I replied.

We then went to the command bridge and I told them about the Scattered relics, my crew, and the NHR's plot. Price was surprised by all this.

"So, that's what we've been trying to get before them." Price explained.

"You already knew?!" I yelled, surprised by the information.

"To a degree. After we got off Imperium, we tracked the other corvette and infiltrated it, and found out the NHR were after relics left behind by something eons ago, we kept tracking their progress, and you said you had one right." Price explained.

"Sort of, this is what's left." I replied showing the relic piece I had.

Price instantly gained a confused look. "Strange, it seems to be important to the relics origin."

"Which is?" I asked, even more confused than before, this whole relic hunt was already confusing as it was.

"You see, we discovered certain relics contain a piece of something, when unlocked, it gives these supposed pieces." Arc explained. "Whatever these 'greater relics' are, it could maybe help the Redeemed."

"So you want it, here." I said handing them the piece.

"Seriously?" Z3TA asked confused. "This can't be that easy."

"Look, I don't need it, I don't have the resources to do a one man war with every faction in the universe, I just want to get to my ship and call it a day." I explained.

"I see, you can get to your ship then, we wouldn't want to bug you on this any longer than necessary." Price said, smirking. "You can use our comm station to get them."

I instantly went there with Beta and got in touch with the Destiny 1. "Norway to Destiny 1, do you read?"

Something finally came through at last.

"Norway, you're alive." Sauna replied.

"Good to hear your voice, капитан." Hanzo said. "Now, where are you?"

"I'm sending coordinates, and I'd hurry." I replied, sending the Sentinel's location. "I got a lot of info to tell you."