Old Memories Part 2

June 25th, 2849. I was on the bridge of my father's warship, the Washington, a large UGNR destroyer, I was one of three surviving admirals of the United Galactic Nations Republic, the other ship with me was, the Anubis, a UGNR capital ship, Sauna then entered the bridge and talked to me.
"Daniel, what do we do?" Sauna asked.
"We find survivors on other colonies, hope they survived these things." I replied before looking out into space.
I was worried for what remained my people's future. Sauna hugged me knowing I needed comfort.
"We'll be okay, we'll be married soon." She said.
I looked at the ring on her finger, I had given it to her a month before this. I then turned to kiss her.
"I know, someday." I said smiling. "Check what supplies we have."
"Yes, admiral." She said smiling back as she left the bridge.
The ship's intercom soon started going off. "Sir, the Anubis is contacting us." An officer said.
"Put him on." I ordered.
A screen showing Admiral Verdi, of the Anubis, appeared before me.
"Admiral Norway, good to see your face again." Verdi greeted.
"Same, have any other fleets contacted us?" I asked.
"Negative, no other contacts but us." Verdi replied worried. "We need to find a place to settle and regroup"
"I agree, let's get going." I said in agreement.
Both our ship's then activated warp speed for the closest UGNR colony, I decided to leave the bridge and find Sauna in the hangar. But as I was headed there, Sauna hugged me by surprise in an empty hallway, she was smiling, so I hugged her back.
"I love you." I told her.
"I love you too, can we talk somewhere else?" Sauna asked me.
"Sure." I replied.
We went to my quarters and as we entered, she hugged me again, this time scared. "Sauna?" I asked her.
"I'm worried about us, I checked our supplies and noticed something." Sauna replied upset. "Which is?" I asked worried for her.
"That there are only a few of us left, I'm scared I'll lose you. I don't want to lose you." Sauna replied crying.
I kissed her to comfort her. "Sauna, we're strong, we can get through this, you'll always be by my side."
She hugged me tightly, I decided to put her in my bed and let her rest, while I continued on task, keeping everyone alive at all cost.

For the next two months, we searched the entire galaxy for any UGNR survivors, we had no luck, and we wandered space, waiting for our next move, but everything was about to fall apart. The Anubis suddenly arrived at our position, only to raise its guns, and contact us after it went silent a month ago. I activated my intercom, only to see a restless Verdi, wearing a politician uniform.
"Crew of the Washington, I, admiral Verdi, offer you a new chance for survival, I have created a faction capable of defending Humanity, the New Human Regime offers you membership. If you deny, we will destroy you and your ship, you have two hours."
The intercom turned off, I thought about our situation, I either had to join them or die. Verdi betrayed the UGNR, betrayed its code. I rushed to the bridge and saw dozens of shuttles leaving towards the Anubis, i couldn't believe it. My crew actually believed him. Sauna and a few remaining crewmen joined me on the bridge an hour later, they were all worried.
"What do we do, admiral?" An engineer asked.
I looked at them determined, I had a plan to end a war before it started.
"We fight them, get every last explosive we have, we're gonna ram them." I ordered, they all left, except for Sauna, who decided to stay by my side.
"You know this is dangerous." Sauna said worried.
"For me yes, everyone else, no." I replied. "Get a shuttle, fly everyone out of here."
She looked at me like I was mad and instead grabbed my hand.
"No." She said upset. "I won't do it! I won't leave you!"
I tried to comfort Sauna. "Sauna, I'm trying to..."
"You promised to marry me! You're keeping that promise! I won't let you die!" Sauna yelled crying. An officer walked in on us as she did that.
"You both deserve each other." He exclaimed. "Permission to proceed with your plan, sir?" I then grabbed the intercom remembering my code.
'Keeping my people alive till the end.'
"Permission denied." I replied activating the intercom. "Attention, change of plans, we're gonna fight the Anubis head on, who's brave enough to honor our code?!" I yelled.
I heard them yell out in agreement as everyone prepared for battle. Once preparations were made, I contacted Verdi.
"Admiral Verdi, I made my decision." I transmitted. "We're bringing you down. Fire!"
At that very moment, my ship's cannons opened fired on the Anubis with full force, the Anubis opened fire as well. While our weapons dented the ship, their cannons tore through our warship's armor, causing most of the ship to catch on fire, the alarms went off. I knew we had lost in that instant. Me and Sauna quickly fled to reach a shuttle and retreat to fight another day. My remaining crew luckily did the same, we all even arrived in the same hangar and found some fighters and one shuttle remaining.
"We'll take the fighters, sir." The officer said. "You lovebirds get out of here."
I nodded and they boarded the fighters and escaped easily, while me and Sauna boarded the shuttle. As we did, the hangar exploded open, launching everything into space. I tried to pull Sauna into the shuttle, but she kissed me and let go.
"SAUNA!" I yelled as the shuttle detached and launched into space. I quickly turned on the ship controls and flew back to find her, but she was nowhere to be found, I cried for hours, before just moving on...

December 12th, 2859. Now I was doing just that, crying alone for hours, I then heard my intercom go off, I picked it up and heard a familiar voice.
"Daniel...is that..you?"
It was Sauna, I listened longer to try and find her. "If you can hear this...fi...on....Anu ..bis..hurry."
The transmission soon cut, but she was still okay and from what I could tell, she was on the Anubis. I unlocked the door and ran to the cockpit, where Isia and Hanzo were waiting for me.
"You okay?" Isia asked me.
"We're headed into the NHR'S territory, we're gonna save Sauna." I replied.
They looked at me confused, but they let me pilot the ship and I set a course for NHR territory, I was gonna find the Anubis, and save Sauna at last...