On the Run

We continued towards any active spaceports in the area, hopefully the NHR didn't know we were exactly here yet. A group of mercenaries eventually saw us and began firing at us. I drawed my energyblade and blocked some of the shots before taking cover with Beta.
"Looks like he had some friends." I explained.
"Gonna be hard to get past them without guns, sir." Beta replied.
"Then we'll just have to borrow some." I said running towards the mercenaries before taking them down with my blade.
I handed Beta one of their energy rifles before continuing towards a spaceport, more mercenaries continued to attack us as we did. Luckily we had an easier time getting past them after Beta finally got a gun to use. We eventually got cut off by several armored vehicles, they were the NHR's. We took cover before they opened fire on us. "Looks like they know we're here." Beta said.
"That's not helping!" I yelled before noticing a cramped alley beside me. "Beta, in here."
I entered it, Beta followed behind me into the alley and we ended up out in the open, more populated streets. Several NHR troopers started moving in on us through the crowds, we instantly ran through the crowds away from them, none of us could fire our weapons at each other during the chase, knowing we'd hit a civilian instead.
"Sir, supply tram down there." Beta explained seeing another tram passing below us.
We instantly turned and jumped off the bridge, directly onto the supply tram as it darted away. Allowing us to escape the troopers.
"Any idea where this leads?" I asked.
"Should be headed to a cargo yard to be unloaded, will find a ship there, sir." Beta replied.

We eventually arrived at a cargo yard just like Beta predicted, we got off the tram and hid before anyone saw us. I instantly began looking around us for a ship, and soon found a small, broken down cargo barge.
"That will do it, for now." I said seeing it. "Come on Beta."
We then snuck towards the barge before stopping in awe and annoyance of a NHR destroyer landing right beside it. We decided to see what was happening and saw NHR troopers in red armor loading an odd machine into the destroyer, along with a NHR director with them. I decided to listen to him and an engineer talking.
"The prototype should be ready for installation once we reach the commander, sir." The engineer explained.
"Good, Verdi will be impressed by my results of his pet project." The director said. "Get it loaded, quickly."
I about moved towards the barge, until a pair of red NHR troopers saw us and shot some kind of darts at me, the troopers instantly moved me towards their director.
"Well look at this, Daniel Norway." He said surprised. "Looks like you survived that day as well."
I looked at him and instantly recognized the scar on his eye.
"Eliot, you joined Verdi." I said annoyed. "How did you even survive Aurora?"
"It's a long story, and soon you'll see Verdi reclaim it, bring him on board to the bridge." The troopers instantly pulled me onto the destroyer. I luckily saw Beta, who quickly snuck aboard acting like a normal NHR robot. They eventually put me on the destroyers command bridge as it took off.
"Do you like the place, I call her the Victorian, impressive ship ain't she." Eliot said to try and impress me.
"Cut the act." I said annoyed. "What was that thing, and what are these things holding me?"
"My old friend, my NHR crimson guard are top notch elites, and what you saw will make the NHR an unrivaled superpower in the universe." Eliot replied. "But maybe you should ask Verdi when we arrive at Aurora."
"Director, Verdi is contacting us." An officer told him.
"Speak of the devil, put him on." Eliot ordered.
Verdi instantly appeared on a holoscreen in front of him.
"Director Eliot, do you have my new weapon?" Verdi asked.
"Indeed, sir." Eliot replied smiling. "Along with another prize of yours."
He then moved the holoscreen towards me, Verdi instantly gained a childish grin. "Norway, Norway, Norway. Always getting caught, have him brought to me alive. I'll kill him myself." Verdi said.
"Of course, sir." Eliot replied.
The transmission ended and Eliot focused onto me.
"Take him to my office." He ordered.
The elites instantly dragged me again towards Eliot's office, I hoped Beta had some kind of escape plan soon..