Chapter 1: I Refuse

Then and there was when my life changed completely, although I didn't know it then.
Sophies POV(ps:it's always going to be her POV)

"Sophie!" Shouted Edaline up the stairs. "Yes?" I yelled back. "A letter came for you!" She shouted again. Wait a minute if that's what I thought it was-oh no! I rushed down the stairs followed by my little sister, Amy. "Mom give it to me I can read it." I said firmly when I finally reached her. This isn't good I thought I hid that under the couch!
"To the house of the Fosters". She started. I tried to snatch it from her but she had a good grip on it. "Mom please stop!" I pleaded. "I wanna hear!" Yelled Amy. That was no surprise because truthfully Amy was a little boy crazy.
Edaline continued on. "The recent census has confirmed that a single woman between the ages of sixteen and twenty currently resides in your home. We would like to make you aware of an upcoming opportunity to honor the great nation of Illèa."
Amy squealed again and squeezed my wrists. "That's you!" "I know you little monkey. Stop before you break my arm." And my mom continued again. "Our beloved prince, Keefe Sencen, is coming of age this month. As he ventures into a new part of his life, he hopes to move forward with a partner, to marry a true daughter of Illèa.
If your eligible daughter,sister,or charge is interested in possibly becoming the bride of Prince Keefe and the adored princess of Illèa , please fill out the enclosed form and return it to your local Province Services Office.
One woman from each province will be drawn at random to meet the prince. Participants will be housed at the lovely Illèa Palace in Angeles for the duration of their stay. The families of each participant will be generously compensated for their service to the royal family."
Finished Edaline. "No way! If you think I'm signing up for that you're wrong. I'm not doing it and that's that". I refused. I knew exactly why she read that letter in front of Amy and I wasn't happy about it. Furious, I stomped up the stairs.
~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a couple hours Edaline came up. "Honey, would you please reconsider entering?" She asked softly. I shook my head. "Sophie this family is failing it would really help if you at least tried. Bex married a four and she's pregnant, She's doing great but I'm positive you could do better.
Dex left to go climb up some castes. We really need help. If you married the prince we'd all be ones and we wouldn't ever have to suffer. And even if you didn't get in you'd at least have tried." Finished my mom.
"Have you ever asked about how I felt about this?! The selection is a TV show! If he kicks me out I would be HUMILIATED in front of the whole country! And he's a one he's probably super snobby and doesn't care about anyone but himself! And yet you don't seem to care!" I shouted.
My mom looked down and sighed,"I can't believe you just said that to me. You're making dinner and cleaning on your own." She exited shutting the door behind her. Even without a slam I could tell she was disappointed in the way I had acted.

Sorry for the short chapter! I will probably update again today.