Chapter 7: The Attack

I'm literally so pathetic. I haven't updated this forever!!!!! I actually had to read the chapter before this to catch up on what was happening 😂😂😂

  I was so focused on how embarrassed I was I didn't notice that the show had ended. I was finally shook out of space when a scream broke the silence. Maids jumped, guards pulled out their swords, and the King yelled "EVERYONE TO THE SAFE ROOM!"
  All the selected ran to the door, including Linh. What was happening?! "REBEL ATTACK!" Yelled a guard. What?!?!? Well at least he answered my question. I had to get to my maids.
  If something happened to them I would never forgive myself. I ran to the door which wasn't crowded anymore. I ran in the opposite direction of everyone else. I knew that it was risky but I'd do anything for them.
  "SOPHIE!" A voice called. I didn't look back. There wasn't any time to spare. Footsteps approached running faster then my little legs. They grabbed my arm. I turned, frightened it was a rebel. "What on earth are you doing?!" "Keefe let me go! I have to help- my maids-their scared-" I panted, out of breath.
  "Sophie they'll be fine. Trust me." I looked into his eyes and saw he was frightened one bit. This must've been on his daily routine. I nodded and he released me. I looked back and whispered "If I don't see you again...I just want to say I'm sorry."
  "What? Look Sophie we have to g-" I pushed him to the ground. Hard enough to delay him but soft enough so he didn't get any injuries. I ran for dear life to my room. I slammed the door open.
  I heard shrieks. "Please don't hurt us!" "We'll do whatever you want!" They squeaked. "Then you'll come with me." I coughed. I was so wearer out. Running was hard in heels and a gown. I flung my heels off and ripped the bottom of my dress.
  Calla peeked over my bed and sighed. "Lady Sophie!" She got up Flori trailing behind her and we had just enough time for a group hug. "You shouldn't be here." She mumbled. "We better get going." I said waving off her comment.
Flori's eyes widened. I turned. There was Keefe at my door a little beaten up. "Oh my gosh what happened?" I asked. He was clutching his arm. "I ran into a few rebels." He groaned. "Flori Calla help me carry him to the safe room." I ordered.
Together we helped him walk through the halls going as fast as we could to the safe room. When we got there the guards didn't even question why the maids were with us. They opened the door right away.
"Help!" I cried. The king and queen came running. Keefe collapsed into their arms and Calla ran for a med kit. "Hurry!" Shouted the king. Calla threw the container to the floor with bandages in her hands. She rushed over and handed the white thick bandage to the queen.
She wrapped it around his arm as quickly as possible. It looked fine but he winced every time she made a full cycle around his arm. It looked painful. I felt so bad for leaving him. This was all my fault. If I hadn't left him on the ground in the middle of the hallway he'd be fine. This was my fault...all my fault.