Chapter 6: The drive

Outside my house was a crowd of people. All from Havenfield. As I waved to my providence I saw Fitz in the crowd. I looked hopefully at him. Maybe he was going to stop me. Until I saw he was holding another girl. I should've known better. A tear ran down my cheek. I hated Fitz.

  When I got inside I saw 3 other beautiful girls. Biana Vacker a 2, Stina Hecks a 2, and Marella Redeks a 4. I memorized everyone's form since I had a photographic memory I slid in next to Marella and stared at my feet. "Hi my name is Sophie." I said looking up. "Who cares?" Biana said staring at her phone. Stina chuckled and Biana snorted. Jeez I didn't think it was that funny.

  Marella rolled her eyes and said "I'm Marella nice to meet you." And she extended her hand. I shook it and said "Nice to meet you too." "You're all so pretty." I added. I was trying to make friends and to be honest they were all much prettier then I was.

 "Yeah we know." Said Stina. These were a friendly bunch. The drive was pretty quiet. Biana and Stina looked as if they were texting each other even though they were sitting right next to each other. Marella and I passed notes the old fashioned way and chuckled every now and then.

  The car seemed to slow down. I could tell everyone was confused by the sudden stop. Biana rolled down her window and smiled. I peered out to see a million people gathered around the car. She waved and shouted. "It's me!" The crowed roared, going bananas. 

  I rolled my eyes. Typical she totally looked like 'one of those girls'. Of course I'd heard of her before, not to mention her sister was obsessed with Biana. She was in all of her favorite TV shows and magazines. She even had a barbie doll that was an exact replica of her.

  I didn't dare open my window but I watched the others wave to the crowd and pose for pictures. I chuckled at a couple of Marella's faces. Marella was one of those girls who didn't care about her appearance. All of a sudden my window rolled down and then there were more faces staring at me then the other girls.

  As we got closer to the palace more paparazzi came up to our car and started snapping shots. Stina squealed and opened her door. Biana and Stina applied more lipstick and struck poses at the cameras outside. I tried to hide from them by staying in the car but it was nearly impossible. When we finally got to the palace and me out of the car, I was swamped with flashing lights.