Chapter 9: The Reporter

When I entered the room there were millions of girls, reporters, and cameras. Right away a reporter rushed up to me with two cameras behind her. "Hi are you Sophie Foster take a seat we're interviewing you." She said really fast. I sat down and plastered a smile on my face. "So Sophie have you ever wore a dress as nice as this?" She asked. I took offense but answered the question anyways. "Yeah my little sister Amy makes dresses on her free time and I model them they're as beautiful as these." I answered. "How do you feel about meeting Prince Keefe." She asked. "I'm very nervous I don't want to embarrass myself." I told her truthfully. "That's relatable, have you made any friends here yet?" She asked. "Yeah- I mean I think so." I replied. "Whom?" "Marella Redek." I answered. "You hear that folks Marella made a friend!" I was very confused but ignored it. "Anyway, is there anything you're excited for?" She asked. I pondered. "The food." I shrugged. She chuckled. "Yes I suppose that's a big whoop for you." "Do you think you'll make it to the elite?" "Hehe no way." I responded. "Why's that?" She asked. "Well I look around me and all I see is pretty faces I'm guessing that's what Prince Keefe wants. Maybe some of them are nice but from past experiences I'm guessing 2/3 of them aren't. Since I don't have a pretty face why would he keep me here?" I explained. "Wow aren't you the little poet." She teased. "Anything you want to add?" She asked. "Yes actually I want to say how hard these maids work I mean look at these dresses they're beautiful. I know my sister would die to work here and I just want to say what a good job they did. Instead of interviewing the selected they should interview the maids they're the real heroes here." I finished. "Well thank you very much Lady Sophie that wraps up the interview." She said. I jumped off my chair and went to go find Marella. I tapped a blonde girl on the shoulder and asked "Have you seen a girl named Marella she has brown hair blue eyes and about your height." "Sophie it's me." The girl said. I was puzzled. The girl rolled her eyes. "I'm Marella." She said. "Oh my gosh Marella you dyed you hair blonde!" I squealed. "Yeah they said it would match my eyes better." She said. "No offense but you don't look much different." She said. "I don't! Yes! That's so relieving!" I shouted. No matter what happened I promised myself that I wouldn't change.